RCCL vs Carnival Kids Clubs

B&P!!!

Last fall we went on the RCCL Monarch's cruise to the Bahamas. My dd (6) loved kids club and they had really great activities....lots of crafts, science experiments, they learned a song and performed on stage before the show, paraded through the ship, lots of fun. Last month we went on Carnival's paradise- another 4 night cruise. Again, my dd loved kids club, but I thought the quality of programs went down. There was more video game time and less unique activities (a dance party in the disco, they made a t-shirt).

Has anyone else experienced this? Was my experience typical? We're considering another cruise in spring and would love to hear other people's experiences. How does Norwegian compare?

Each program is very good but I do prefer Adventure Ocean to Camp Carnival. It could just be the counselors for that sailing. It could just be the counselors on that ship. But I've had great experiences with the AO counselors. My kids usually cry when we leave the RCI counselors. They have actually made a connection. So that tells me something. ;)

Archived