What would you do?

cruizer2d

We got our cabin assignment last wk. for the Island (15 day full transit Panama Canal in April). We booked a guar. BH balcony. We did get an upgrade to a BB Aloha 329. It's under the overhang of the Lido deck-under the Horizon court.

Now please don't flame me--I'm looking for advice, not chiding re: guar. cabin assignments. I've always booked guar. and never had a problem, except once,and Princess was kind enough to change it.

This time, I called my TA and asked her to to call Princess to put our reservation back into the computer system. Her reply was "But it's a great upgrade". When I explained it's early enough to take our chances w/ a different site, even if it's a downgrade from the BB, she sounded annoyed.

It's been a week now and she hasn't done what I asked and she's not responding to emails or phone calls. Princess won't do anything--just asked me to go through the TA.

Now what do I do??

We got our cabin assignment last wk. for the Island (15 day full transit Panama Canal in April). We booked a guar. BH balcony. We did get an upgrade to a BB Aloha 329. It's under the overhang of the Lido deck-under the Horizon court.

Now please don't flame me--I'm looking for advice, not chiding re: guar. cabin assignments. I've always booked guar. and never had a problem, except once,and Princess was kind enough to change it.

This time, I called my TA and asked her to to call Princess to put our reservation back into the computer system. Her reply was "But it's a great upgrade". When I explained it's early enough to take our chances w/ a different site, even if it's a downgrade from the BB, she sounded annoyed.

It's been a week now and she hasn't done what I asked and she's not responding to emails or phone calls. Princess won't do anything--just asked me to go through the TA.

Now what do I do??

I don't understand your problem. What I see is a good upgrade in a good location. It's under the pizza area which is not open early. You are not under Horizon Ct, since you are aft of the forward elevators. Don't look to downgrade.

Thanks for responses. I see I forgot to mention that the cabin is recessed and rarely is in sun, which I'm not happy with. Going over the boards, I found someone else who had the same "problem" as me--The suggestion that worked for her was to find another cabin in the same category and ask for a switch. Maybe that can work for me.

Thanks for responses. I see I forgot to mention that the cabin is recessed and rarely is in sun, which I'm not happy with. Going over the boards, I found someone else who had the same "problem" as me--The suggestion that worked for her was to find another cabin in the same category and ask for a switch. Maybe that can work for me.

Sun is not a guarantee no matter where you are. My first response stands. If it ain't broke. don't fix it.

About 4 months ago, I had a room right under the pizza place on the Caribbean Princess. What bothered me a lot was the chairs being moved. After a day you get used to it but I wouldnt want that room again. I didnt check the map to see if the rooms bet me and the OP were similar but I know I had a balcony and it was directly under the pizza place.

We were upgraded to BA on Sea Princess recently from BD. We were originally given a cabin on C deck then moved up to A deck.

Although we didn`t really have any problems, you did hear more noise from above, especially on the balcony. We were under the pool area. There seemed to be a lot of running about.

As we had booked a guaranteed BD we couldn`t really complain but I don`t think it was much of an upgrade, although it was more convenient to get to the Horizon Court and pool deck.

Archived