How much ..................

Rum Rat

...... influence over the attitude of the crew, does a Captain have?

I am thinking of the attitude of the crew on Queen Victoria :mad::mad: and wonder what it will be like when she gets her new PandO Captain.

Mike

Because the gratueties were deducted already, they didn't have the same 'care' that the PandO crew have. Our cabin steward was the most sullen we have EVER had :-((

:(

Is it fact that the staff did not perform well because they received their tips up fornt?

I happen to disagree with auto-gratuities but I am not sure I could say that poor performance has to be down to gratuities being deducted up front.

Gerry

Is it fact that the staff did not perform well because they received their tips up fornt?

I happen to disagree with auto-gratuities but I am not sure I could say that poor performance has to be down to gratuities being deducted up front.

Gerry

Gerry

We don't take that chance; always deduct them on the last night

;););)

ONLY KIDDING

Cb

Because the gratueties were deducted already, they didn't have the same 'care' that the PandO crew have. Our cabin steward was the most sullen we have EVER had :-((

:(

Perhaps this was a one off - we have never experienced this even when having automatic tipping - neither on Cunard or Princess.

However, we have had one or two miserable bar stewards with P&O.

Perhaps this was a one off - we have never experienced this even when having automatic tipping - neither on Cunard or Princess.

However, we have had one or two miserable bar stewards with P&O.

Only one or two ?

Cb

Totally agree about QV! Worst attitude of staff in all the cruises Ive ever been on. Thought it may have been cos tips deducted but went on Crown Princess in September which employed same system and service was very good. Perhaps it was because our cruise on QV was a short 5 night one and they didnt feel it was worth making the effort!

Although a good captain can create a good atmosphere on board, I think the attitude of the people mentioned is more down to the Hotel Manager/Exec. Purser. I do know the post-cruise questionaires are read and acted upon so perhaps more comments there would have the required effect?

Archived