Pacific Pearl New Years Cruise Review

kiwi sailor

Great review..

Now I could tell you whats behind that locked door below the fridge... ;)

But anyway, now you have spruced up her lounges can we have her back please!! After being on Independence of the Seas last month I'd still prefer a cruise on OV (sorry Pearl) over the new ship.. hmm..

Great review..

But anyway, now you have spruced up her lounges can we have her back please!! After being on Independence of the Seas last month I'd still prefer a cruise on OV (sorry Pearl) over the new ship.. hmm..

The locked cupboard under the fridge is where our Room Steward lives. That explains how the bed is remade every time you get out of it to go to the toilet.

Great review..

The locked capboard under the fridge is were the Steward keeps some the things they use to keep your cabin made up and clean.

Hi single cruieser we are on the pacific pearl on a Tassie cruise begining of March, but we are also on Indepence of the Seas in June 11th on a fourteen night med cruise so any tips would be great thanks in advance:D

Jacquie

You'll love Independence of the Seas. A big ship but incredibly easy to find your way around.. The front and aft centrums where all the lifts and stairs are, are actually about the same distance apart as on Pearl/Jewel. It's just that she has a much larger area aft (Windjammer and above it the kids areas and sports decks) and fore of them.

The street parades and events are great, but for best view you need to be near the "flying bridge" on the promenade towards the aft end near the cafe promenade.

I didn't like the shows, far too formal and bland for my liking.. But they are aimed at an older target audience.

The nightclub Labyrinth has two floors, upstairs is an inside smoking area :mad: so most people never came in, but on deck 3 there is another entrance to the non-smoking bit near the lifts.

Definitely try out Johnny Rockets, for the cover charge the burgers/onion rings/shakes were great..

Here is some of my pics of her..

thanks heaps for such a detailed review - we did our second cruise over NYE on the Jewel after having sailed on the Dawn in 2008. We found the ships to be really different in layout, atmosphere and food, so were thinking of trying the Pearl, to compare the 3 sister ships. We found we missed the Dome from Dawn when we were on the Jewel and the quality of food was very different. When we looked at a cabin layout for Pearl it showed the same forward layout with Gym/Spa where the Dome used to be and we were very dissapointed, but from your review it sounds as is this is a misprint and they have retained that wonderful fun area at the front of the ship, as in the Dawn. We found the steakhouse grill on the Dawn to be exceptional and really loved our dinners there, but found no equivalent on the Jewel unfortunately. We would also be happy to disembark in NZ, so the detail regards Quaratine & Ag was really helpful. Once again, thanks for taking the time to be so comprehensive, it can make a huge difference for newby cruisers like us, we are really grateful:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi and thanks for your great review. I have a question for you: on the pacific sun the bars were open to early morning so you could have a drink and chat and not have to go to the niteclub. On the pacific dawn the ONLY place to have a drink after midnight was basically the niteclub and although i love niteclubs sometimes we wanted to sit around and chat and have a few drinks. Does the Pearl offer a bar at night rather than just the niteclub?:)

Thanks so much Liz

Archived