birthdays or anniversaries

FarmGal65

I have not sailed on Carnival before. Do they do anything special for birthdays and/or anniversaries? We are taking our children and grandchildren on a cruise and would like to do something special for two of them.:confused:

I have not sailed on Carnival before. Do they do anything special for birthdays and/or anniversaries? We are taking our children and grandchildren on a cruise and would like to do something special for two of them.:confused:

You have to do it on your own - they do make excellent cakes that you can order to be brought to your table at supper (arrange a head of time). They will sing though. I think they had to stop doing it as almost everyone I met while cruising was celebrating something and I think it got out of control. They also have awesome desserts, chocolate covered strawberries etc at the specialty coffee shop for a verrrrry reasonable price (cheap) that you can buy for each individual taste. Good luck. When we sail we are celebrating my husbands 60th BD - his retirement - and our 30th anniversary so we will be rocking.

One of my sons turned 21 on our most recent cruise. I pre ordered two cakes-one chocolate and one white cake (We had 11 in our group) The night of his birthday, our head waiter, assistant waiter, the Matre D, and several other servers carried the cakes to our table and led everyone around with a rousing singing of "Happy Birthday!" :D He loved every minute of their accented version and everyone around us were so nice.

Even though there were some other celebrations, we thought our celebration was very nice, and other's celebrations did not detract from ours. We took the leftover cake back to our rooms and ate on it later.

Have fun!

They will sing happy birthday or happy anniversary to you. There were several singings every night at dinner as most people are celebrating some sort of special event. On our actual anniversary date, i bought champagne and roses and some chocolate covered strawberries from the gift shop, and they delivered them to our table. Received a lot of comments from people sitting around us that night ( we had a table for two )

You can also go to the Bon Voyage department (through the Carnival web site) and pre-order a gift for your children, to be delivered to the cabin. My husband had them decorate our cabin for my birthday. It was very impressive! You need to go to the Formalities Shop on the ship (where you will see bins of candy in the window) to order the birthday decorations and/or cake.

Here is a pic of my husband's birthday cake on the Triumph. (I've seen better cake decorating on the Conquest....) He likes chocolate. I like the vanilla cake with strawberry filling. It's soooo good!

Birthdaycake2.jpg

Our last cruise was over our anniversary. Our waiters brought a special dessert and sang, with the stipulation that we had to kiss the entire time they were singing. It was cute, but I'm not into that kind of thing. I told my husband that if he had them sing for my birthday later in the week, we'd have words :D

We had that it was our anniversary marked on our booking.

I would suggest going to Party City or a dollar store & buy decorations, if they are young children. If you do, bring tape. My DF had our cabin decorated from bon voyage for my B-Day cruise in Nov. It was very nice and a dozen roses were there also. If you are going to do it on your own...have someone go decorate, while someone keeps the others busy. When they arrive at their cabin...it will be all decorated.

You can preorder cabin decorations too.

The only thing free, is they will stick a candle in a dessert and sing to them.

Yes, and hearing them sing, "Happy Bursday" as they surround you in the dining room is indeed priceless! lol

Archived