Bali & padang bay??

lynsteve

We were in Bali last year and visited Padang Bay very briefly while in transit to and from the Gili Islands.

There was a festival on the day we returned (How unusual for Bali!) which was the normal wonderful colourful spectacle. There is a quite significant temple on the hill overlooking the town, and I think it was possible to walk past it and over to the next bay which was regarded as a better beach away from the various ferries.

The Goa Lowah temple and bat cave is on the road towards Candidasa.

Unless the ships excursions are wonderful, I think I would just wander around the very quiet, sleepy little town, or organise some snorkelling/diving.

Cheers,

Sue

I don't think your ship will be moored at Padang Bai. It was a tender port however due to not being dredged and becoming too shallow for the tenders the cruise ships now go to Benoa Harbour. This is also a tender port - about 15mins to shore.

The change happened at the beginning of last year. There is also problems with the promised 300 metre cruise port - it is now 150 metres and no where near completed.

The cruise routes are planned at least 2 years ahead so a lot of them still show Padang Bai as the port.

Archived