Ventura...Thomas Cook Flight...Hand Luggage Size.

Lancashire Lady

We are on Ventura at the end of January. Just measured our trusty old hand luggage cases to find they are larger than the Thomas Cook recommended size. ( 43x29x23cm). We have travelled TCX before and with several other airlines, and cannot recall that they were too big in the past. Our cases are a couple of cm larger in length and width (excluding the wheels). Do they stick rigidly to the size or would you recommend we purchase something smaller? Would hate to be stopped at check in.

We are flying out to Barbados to join Venture on the 14th Jan. I have phoned P&O and Thompson's and they all say we must stick to the size and weight quoted. I have bought new smaller hand luggage for this reason so really hope they do not allow larger bags on board now. Have a great cruise we are so looking forward to ours.

We are on Ventura at the end of January. Just measured our trusty old hand luggage cases to find they are larger than the Thomas Cook recommended size. ( 43x29x23cm). We have travelled TCX before and with several other airlines, and cannot recall that they were too big in the past. Our cases are a couple of cm larger in length and width (excluding the wheels). Do they stick rigidly to the size or would you recommend we purchase something smaller? Would hate to be stopped at check in.

Debs

We flew TCX in November and they didn't bother to check our cabin baggage. But I do have an honest face.

Oh but we have ditched the trolley things for rucksacks much lighter for Maureen to carry ,one on each shoulder ;) and we can take more gear.

Cb

PS

Selling signed Howard Web autographed photies. Wana buy one :D

not really a blue nose

We bought new flight bags when we flew Thomas Cook last Jan. Bit annoyed to see people with the small trolley suitcases, obviously bigger than stated size, being let through without comment. Still, glad we had the correct size cos knowing our luck we'd have probably been stopped!

Going to take case weight meter this time cos when we flew back with Air Canada from New England cruise in September, husbands case slighty under, mine slightly over by tiny amount, wouldnt count them together and had to open them up and redistribute the weight at the check in desk - v embarrassing! Trouble was it was so slightly over that you couldnt tell by just picking them up and comparing.

Hi Lancashire Lady,

We travelled with Thomas Cook in November and like you I thought the hand luggage recommendations seemed very small, I remember seeing lots of posts advising that they do stick to the guidelines. I bought a very light case made by "Sub OG" which was very light and slightly smaller than the required sizes, this was fine but when we boarded the plane I noticed other passengers seemed to have larger cases, I guess you may have to take a chance and look honest!!

Ray...

Returning from Ventura on Friday :( we had no probs with trolley cases 2inches over with TC. But was very rigid with weights and payed excess, just weigh your cases before.

Enjoy you lucky lady :p

Thanks MattyBarlow, we have opted for a Flylite small trolley cabin bag and a small folding rucksack to be on the safe side. We won't be too pleased if we see larger trolley cases being hauled onboard. But wouldn't be too pleased with the hassle if we were pulled over either !!

Just returned from Christmas cruise. Travelled Thompson but same size hand luggage allowed. It was a total farce. At check in inconsistency led to some people being charged exorbitant excess luggage prices while others were taking three and four cases through. Some were being made to buy extra luggage and put through as hold. Some hand luggage was being weighed.. others not and I cannot begin to describe the size of some of the hand luggage. I know there needs to be a weight limit but there needs to be consistency!

Archived