Azura March 2012

Jen1

Hi,

Yesterday booked my caribbean cruise for March 2012 on the Azura. Been on cruises before but first time with P&O. Please can you tell me:

1. Are bathroom and beach/pool towels provided?

2. Are the sockets in the cabin 3 pin or 2 pin and can you charge your mobile phone / DVD player. With Thomson Cruises you cannot charge anything up in the room. Had to ask reception to charge my mobile phone.

3. Has anybody had any problems getting a signal on their mobile phone to phone home? When I was on Royal Caribbean I struggled to get a signal. My provider (Tesco) said it must be the ship because they've never had any problems before.

4. Is there a fridge in the room and if so is it one of those fridges once you lift an item it automatically charges to your account?

5. Is Tea & Coffee free in the self-service restaurant?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jenny

We've been on four Thomson cruises and have always been able to charge phones and camera batteries in the cabin without any problem. As long as your charger says "Input 100-240 volts" it will work on the 110v supply.

All your towels will be provided.

Carol x

Hi Jenny,

Not been on Azura yet, just Ventura, but assume the same applies.....

1, Yes, all towels provided. Pool/beach towels are in your room, changed daily by your steward.

2, Sockets are 3 pin UK. I take a lightweight power bar for all the charging equipment.

3, My phone signal was fine (vodafone) all the way across the Atlantic, but husband's (Orange) was a bit iffy mid atlantic, but fine in Caribbean. No problem charging in the cabin. Very expensive to send picture messages, as I found out on my return :(

4, There is a small fridge. It doesn't come stocked, so you can fill it up with your own drinks. Steward will fill the ice bucket daily and put it in the fridge. You can buy small cans and beer packages from room service.

5, Tea and coffee is free in the buffet. There is a coffee bar onboard with a charge for speciality coffees, but you can get free pastries and cakes if you buy a drink. There is a tray in your cabin with a kettle, tea/coffee and biscuits :D

Hi,

Yesterday booked my caribbean cruise for March 2012 on the Azura. Been on cruises before but first time with P&O. Please can you tell me:

Yes in your cabin and changed daily.

2. Are the sockets in the cabin 3 pin or 2 pin and can you charge your mobile phone / DVD player. With Thomson Cruises you cannot charge anything up in the room. Had to ask reception to charge my mobile phone.

I have always been able to charge things in the cabin.

3. Has anybody had any problems getting a signal on their mobile phone to phone home? When I was on Royal Caribbean I struggled to get a signal. My provider (Tesco) said it must be the ship because they've never had any problems before.

I have never had a problem even mid Atlantic and Indian Ocean.

4. Is there a fridge in the room and if so is it one of those fridges once you lift an item it automatically charges to your account?

There is an empty fridge for your use.

Yes and in your cabin, along with biscuits.

Thanks

Jenny

Hope that helps.

Hi,

Yes and changed daily

3 pin sockets no problem with charging.

I am with O2 and had no problems.

You have an empty fridge but can via your TV order drink (soft and alcoholic) to put inside

Yes it is free and you also have kettle and coffee and tea in your cabin.

I do hope this helps.

Archived