Carnival Splendor

luvthebalcony

Why can't Carnival do some kind of status update on repairs. Not daily but weekly would sure eliminate alot of concerns passengers have. We don't sail until End of March but I think I would be nervous if I was on one of the first sailings after repairs. Can't find anything on Carnivals site or John Healds blog. Hearing on CC that Carnival believes they left themselves a little cusion room just in case. Hope so !

I have kind of wondered that also. That is one thing I have been very disappointed with Carnival with. There are a lot of people that would like to know that our vacations are secure, or if we should start making other plans. Not everyone can take can take vacation whenever they want.

I totally agree. We are on the 3/13 sailing, and while there is still a little cushion, we are going with non-cruisers that will be totally freaked out if we end up being the first sailing back. I guess that would be better than not sailing at all though!

We were scheduled on the Splendor Jan. 16, which was the first scheduled cruise the first time after the fire. We found out Dec. 16 that it was not going to be! We were able to re-book on the Dream for this Saturday!! It didn't cost us anything to change and thankfully our airfare was only about $50 to change. I am now excited for this cruise. We were really looking forward to the Mexican Riveria, I hope that you all get to go on your cruise. I would think if they were not going to be ready they would let you know this week?? I think dry dock is only three weeks, so there is still time. Good luck!! ~ Nancy

Ships go into drydock and have other repairs all the time, and the cruise lines seem able to predict the ready date very well. So my guess is that the Splendor will shiny and ready when promised.

That said, I do understand your concern, and recommend that you visit the FORUMS at Carnival.com. Ask the question there and see if you get a response... the Carnival types obviously are on those forums. Also, they have one forum for solving problems, and I think if you wrote there that people were anxious and deserved some reassurance, that would be the best way to get the message to Carnival... that they need to get a message to you!

Have faith and enjoy your cruise. We'll send positive vibes your way! :)

I totally agree. We are on the 3/13 sailing, and while there is still a little cushion, we are going with non-cruisers that will be totally freaked out if we end up being the first sailing back. I guess that would be better than not sailing at all though!

Me too considering im supposed to be on the one before you

Archived