Islandstar, can you help us?

fun2travel

Hope you can help me to get to the right beach. Our family was in Grenada about 15 years ago. We got off the ship and got into a water taxi that took us

to what we were told was called aquarium beach. The snorkeling there was awesome. Trying to return. Would this be Anse Beach since we went by water taxi, or could it be Magazine Beach by the aquarium restuarant? Not sure if the water taxi would be a clue.

Thanks so much for your help. We loved the snorkeling spot, now if we can just find it again.

Hope you can help me to get to the right beach. Our family was in Grenada about 15 years ago. We got off the ship and got into a water taxi that took us

to what we were told was called aquarium beach. The snorkeling there was awesome. Trying to return. Would this be Anse Beach since we went by water taxi, or could it be Magazine Beach by the aquarium restuarant? Not sure if the water taxi would be a clue.

Thanks so much for your help. We loved the snorkeling spot, now if we can just find it again.

Oh wow that is going back a bit. I think the water taxis used to go that far but not any more. To be honest you'd be better getting in a land taxi otherwise by the time you get there you'll need to turn round and come straight back again :D

I would guess looking at what you write that you went to Magazine beach which is by the Aquarium retaurant. Bear in mind hurricane Lennie and Ivan did a good job of bashing our coral and snorkeling has somewhat deteriorated which is why the underwater sculpture park was created to develop living art and a new home for coral.

The swells we have had recently have transformed the Aquarium from gentle snorkeling area to dudes 'hanging 10' and all that surfer stuff :cool:

Luckily it is settling down nicely and the Aquarium is still a great retaurant to go to and swim from. In all honesty Grand Anse beach is nice too and tranquil but we don't have much off the beach snorkeling of note.

Hope this helps and hasn't confused even more. Have a fab cruise!!

Archived