What Kind of Cabin?

Hi, and as some of you might have noticed I have been asking a ton of questions lately, and I have one more question now. My family has decided that we will be going on Allure of the Seas on July 10th or Oasis of the Seas on July 2nd, so all that leaves is booking the rooms, and we can decide what kind of room we should get. We are either going to be getting one Junior Suite and an ocean view cabin with no balcony, or two connecting balcony cabins on the 9th deck. We are going to be having 5 people one of which is 16, so space is an issue, but so is price. So in your opinion which would be better for the cruise, of course the 16 year old myself will not be in the cabin that much, and neither will my parents. Not quite sure about my sister and aunt, but if I had to guess they will be in the cabin relaxing quite a lot. We are leaning toward the connecting cabins, but would like to hear other opinions on this, thanks a bunch. Also is there anyway to tell who our cruise director will be? When we were on Freedom, we had Ken Rush and loved him, but everyone seems to love Richard Spacey, so I was wondering if there is anyway to see who will be on our ship? :)

Well, I'm all in favor of a JS...but only if I'm in it! And I wouldn't want connecting cabins, unless I had small children....it's nice not being so "together" 24/7....JMO!

The 16 year old will most likely be at the pool or sports deck,....not sitting in the cabin! The pool and sports deck are where the boys are!

Hi,

We were on the Allure Deck 11 aft, ocean balcony in a cabin that slept 5 (2 beds, sofa sleeping-2 and a ceiling pullman sleeping-1). It was tight with just the two of us in the room.

We have posted a video on Utube with details about the room. Use the description: Allure of the Seas random thoughts look for the video, not the photos we have posted.

You may also want to consider getting side-by-side cabins where the balcony panel can be removed to allow for passage between the cabins.

We just planned another cruise on Allure and considered linking rooms (which are limited -and could be across from deck work areas which can be noisy -be sure to view the deck plans). We decided on side-by-side rooms and will ask to have the balcony panel removed.

We are 5...our oldest is 15. one cruise we did a family cabin. It was wonderful. The next cruise we did 2 rooms next to each other...not connecting. It actually was better and cheaper. We had side by side. My oldest was 14 and watched my younger ones.

This year we are booked on 2 rooms across from each other. One inside balcony one outside balcony. Much better. I am not so worried about being across from each other since it worked out so wonderful last year. It ended up costing over 1000 less to book 2 rooms then one family cabin. I love that idea since it gives us two bathrooms. Much easier when showering and getting dressed.

And I agree with the previous poster...my kids never had been in the room. They spend 90% of the time in the kids club or teen rooms...and only fell asleep in the cabin. SO....It wasnt a big deal being across or even a little down the hall from each other.

We have two connecting rooms on the Liberty for my 2 boys and husband and I. The cool thing is one is a balcony and one is an inside! There are only a few cabins like this onboard at the back of the ship so I don't have to worry about the kids with a balcony. We have done a junior suite on our Panama Canal trip a few years back, but this gives us 2 TVs. 2 bathrooms, etc...

Archived