western med on the grandeur?

I think I'm right in saying this summer will be Grandeurs first season in the Med and that the itineraries/departure port are all new too....so I don't think you'll get any specific replies to your question.

On a more general note...we have sailed on a similar sized (small) RCCL ship..the Vision..and loved it.:) It really depends whether you are a big ship/lots of onboard activities type of family...if so, you might want to consider something a little bigger.

Yes, this is Grandeur's first sailing in the Med and she is calling at some different ports to the usual ones - hence we've booked this cruise for July.

I think that's a very valid point about the size of the ship if your kids want lots of activities - such as inline skating, volleyball court, ice-skating. Grandeur is a smaller ship and doesn't offer all those things. However, I would say that one of the best cruises our teens had was on the Legend (which is the same class as Grandeur) - the fact that it wasn't such a large ship meant that all the teens got to know each other and formed a really great group to hang around with.

If your kids are not too bothered about all those activities I think this is a great sailing with some really interesting ports of call. I suggest you take a look at the Ports of call forums on here to get some ideas. http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19

:)

Archived