Just back from Costa Med 2-27-05

GOBOLTS

Can't say enough about the great time we had on this cruise! Best food we ever had on a cruise. Can't believe the people who wrote bad reviews about it. The pasta they serve after the soup was excellent every night and we never had a bad meal. Had a grand suite aft #6262. Loved it! The ship was very clean, the staff were all very friendly.

The only thing I can think of to complain about is that all the pools and jacuzzi's were always full of kids, but that didn't bother us because we had our own hot tub and balcony in our suite.

We snorkled at Dzul Ha and went to paradise beach in Cozumel. Went to Margaritaville in Jamaica. Booked with Nativeway in Grand Cayman and did the stingray sandbar and island tour. Had a great time in all the ports!

We loved this cruise and will definitly cruise with Costa again.

Hi John!

We were also on the 2/20 - 2/27 Mediterranea Cruise in a Grand Suite #7229. We had a great time too although we found the food in the dining room to be the worse that we have ever had on a cruise. Of course, we never went hungry so it certainly didn't ruin our cruise. We also thought that the shows were pretty poor too but again, it didn't ruin the cruise for us. Our sterwardess, butler and all of the staff on board were excellent and very willing to please.

Embarkation went very quickly and smoothly until we got to the last security checkpoint and I and two other women that I did not know were detained for approximately one hour because the last name on our Birth Certificates was different from the last name on our driver's license (due to marriage). I tried to explain to the security guard that I was not married when I was born so, of course, the last name would be different and he told me and the others that we should have brought our marriage license. I told him that no where on the Costa website does it indicate that a marriage license is required if you are using a Birth Certificate and he said that the security rules have changed and it was now required. Eventually a supervisor came off of the ship and made copies of our Birth Certificates and Driver's Licenses and allowed us to board.

The ship is gorgeous (almost an exact replica of the Carnival Miracle) and we had fabulous weather. All in all, we had a wonderful cruise.

Princess5, Glad you enjoyed your cruise! If I may ask what didn't you like about the food? We were on princess and celebrity and the four of us thought this cruise had the best food. We also ate at club medusa and really enjoyed it. We really miss our grand suite! Hated going back to work today.

Hi John,

We miss our grand suite too and the warm weather (it's snowing here in Philadelphia Suburbs today). We have cruised on Holland America and Carnival and the food was always wonderful. We thought that the veal, pork and fish in Costa's dining room were very dry and the steak was very hard to chew. I must note, however, that the Calamari was to die for.

Janet

You can't believe the bad reviews, well believe them. I can't believe you were ever on a cruise before this one.

Unless things have really changed in one year all I can say is we DID get what we paid for. This cruise was dirt cheap and we stayed in a suite.

Bad food, Bad shows.

Do you really know what italian food is. Do you really think they served italian food.

I have heard that some things have changed. There now is poolside music.

Maybe the food has gotten better, but I find that hard to believe.

I was on the Med.

Have heard alot of good things about the Atlantica.

Don t know if I'd take a chance with Costa again.

I have been on quite a few cruises, and I will go back to Celebrity. I wont complain about the cruiseline, but everything could have been improved upon. My biggest complaint, the long wait to get off the ship in Jamiaca. If you have excursions, leave ASAP. The ship is beautiful, and it is a replica of the Miracle, which I was on in Nov. Anyone sailing soon, take a bottle of Patience and you should be fine.

GOBOLTS:

Welcome back!!! Great that you had a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us as well..

RockTheBoat:

Don't get me started with the real Italian food again... we had that discussion in the past. But if you have not been on a Costa ship lately, then what the heck are you talking about???

Maybe you should stick with a Resort Vacation or simply go on another cruise line if you don't like how Costa conducts their business. I am not trying to be rude, but look around the forums! Plenty of wonderful (recent) reviews and comments, even from members which have cruised 10, 20 or 30 times with different cruise lines. Of course you can't and won't please everybody, and I fully understand that. But in my opinion you have to be fair as well and don't stamp every aspect of it as NEGATIVE. I don't know which cruise line you prefer or what kind of standards you set for any of them, all I can say is, that for some people it may be better to just simply stay home

Smile and Happy Vacationing!

Andy ;-)

Archived