Return flight time from Carnival Freedom

denrusk

I know there are many threads on this subject, but I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been on the Freedom lately. The flight times from FLL go up late morning and early afternoon. There is a 10am flight that seems very well priced. I know there are risks involved, but I would like to make a calculated risk as to if we should try it. The last couple of cruises we were on we were off the ship before 8am and spent some time at the airport while the earlier flights had not left yet! Also, flying Delta, what would be the consequences if we missed the flight? Thanks in advance!

I know there are many threads on this subject, but I'm looking for advice from anyone who has been on the Freedom lately. The flight times from FLL go up late morning and early afternoon. There is a 10am flight that seems very well priced. I know there are risks involved, but I would like to make a calculated risk as to if we should try it. The last couple of cruises we were on we were off the ship before 8am and spent some time at the airport while the earlier flights had not left yet! Also, flying Delta, what would be the consequences if we missed the flight? Thanks in advance!

The worse with Delta would be having to wait a day to get home and probably fees if you are the one at fault for missing the plane, unless you are using ff miles like we do (for vacations) You are risking it, but if you can handle getting home a day late, go for it! Have a great cruise, looking forward to the Liberty in may!

catching that flight is a crap shoot......there could be immigration delays, weather delays, customs delays...all which play a factor in making that flight. As far as Delta is concerned, they are no more better or worse than other airlines regarding "if issues arise"....and if they placed you on a different flight, no telling when it will be, i.e. time or date or the costs necessary to cough up for a change in flights! Either have a back up plan, or play it safe and take the later flight !

a 10am flight as the OP is curious about is a whole lot different than an 11am flight and the odds of making it will be reduced even more than the 11am or later flights. Personally I will take the risk of an 11am flight too, and have done so numerous times and always made the flights, but never anything earlier than that.

I just read a freedom review and the poster made a good point about checking how many other ships are debarking the day you are. He got to the airport quick but waited an hour to check bags and another hour to get through security. I'd be a nervous wreck but I'm the type that needs to be early wherever I go!

Most of the ships docking in Ft. Lauderdale including the Freedom (actually anywhere in Fl.) arrive early and not late. Maybe with a medical emergency but other then that you usually see a bunch of ships waiting to dock in Florida from your boat. I guess they can't dock early and are moving very slow.

Because someone says they have done it and had no problem doesn't mean there will be NO problem when you want to do it. I look at the times and decide if I think it is reasonable. Every day at the airport is different. I never rely on others opinion as far as flying goes.

We sailed Freedom last February and did Luggage Express....bags went straight to airport...didnt see them from time we put out night before until we landed in NY. They printed our boarding passes for us and we went straight to security....the check in line was so long and we just walked right by everyone waiting...It was great! Totally worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat as you ( no pun intended!) we booked the freedom in march and flight home is 10;14 am.

last 2 cruises we did everyone was off the boat at 9;00am! they seem to rush everyone off, very organized, and no lollygagging around. If you carry your bags off yourself, no need to wait to get them down at the terminal. Just carry and go.... tons of taxi's waiting....only 20 minutes to the airport, and then we waited flaked out on uncomfortable benches for 4 hours!! too early to even check our bags.....this happened twice in 2 years, such a bummer sitting around the airport from 9;30am to 2;00 to get your plane.

so taking a chance and trying to get the 10;14am flight.....

secret is to pack light, and choose the option to take your own bags off the ship yourself

Archived