Venice taxi service

computer

I hope someone out there will be able to help me find info. We are returning from Venice port on cruise ship Milliennium and need to make arrangements fora taxi to take us from the port in Venice to Venice airport. I have heard of a company called Radio Taxi but not not find the website. Is anyone familiar with this compnay or have any suggests on another. thanks to all who respond.

It all depends on where the ship docks. If it's on the Grand Canal, there are only water taxis and not regular vehicle taxis. My best advice is to take the ship's transfers to the airport. They will get you there with a minimum of hassle.

Hi Computer, We were on a Costa cruise of the Med last summer, sailing in and out of venice and then extended our stay by ten days in Lido de Jesolo which is approx 10 miles from venice.

We got a company to collect us (in a mercedes executive car/van)They picked us up at the cruise terminal. the service was excellent as were there prices and they gave us a tele number to call as soon as we disembarked, by the time we had our luggage they were outside waiting for us.They also spoke excellent english and were very courteous.

Unfortunately I cannot remember their name but I do know that I got it from the venice web site (I think if you search for Venezia tourist office you will get it) I'm sure they advertise that they use mercedes cars and that they were in the Mestre area in venice.

I'm sorry that I'm not as much help as I would like to be but I'm trying to recall all of this from memory (that explains a lot lol)

By the way our ship sailing down the Grand Canal past St Marks square is a sight I shall never forget. Hope you are lucky enough to sail it too.

Hi again Computer,

I am so please that my memory has just kicked back into action, I had just posted this thread when I had a flash of inspiration (they dont happen too ofter lol) and remembered that my hoarding habits might pay off in this occasion ( i am terrible for NOT throwing things in the garbage can )

Anyway long story short, I've found the e.mail that the company sent to me as confirmation ( I printed it off to take with with).

Here is the info that I can give you from it :-

Belt Limousine System. tel # +39-041-926303 ext 201 (roberto)

or e.mail info@beltlimo.com.

They charged us 90Euros to transport 4 adults with luggage from the cruise terminal to the Hotel in Jesolo, We thought it was excellent value.

Hope this is of help.

P.s I'm not sure if you have to omit the 0 in the tele number after the 39. I'm sure we had to do this but you may be different calling from the US.

Happy sailing

Sandra

Will the water taxi operate as a normal taxi and take you where you want to go. I want to be taken across the canal San Marco to an island whose name I don't have handy at the moment to take a picture of the St. Marks square area and then return.

If you have seen the picture with the gondolas in the front looking across the canal to St.Marks and Doges Palace that is the photograph I want to take.

Dave

Hi DTnTR, I am sure the water taxis will operate similar to those on land and take you exactly where you want to go. but they are very expensive. Try having a look at the venice web site for info on them http://www.venetia.it

It gives good advice on things, also I think the area that you are talking about is in the Dorsoduro district and you are thinking of being next to the Santa Maria della Salute church, the one with the beautiful domes that features in lots of photos.

There is actually a waterbus stop right there too, which will be much cheaper . Also are you cruising from Venice , if so almost all of the cruise ships have to sail this way to get out into the Adriatic, and you will have a much better view from the ship.

Hope this helps a little.

Bon Viaggio.

You actually have a couple of choices in Venice for transportation. You have the actual water taxis that will only hold a few people at a time, and the vaparettos that are like buses, but on water. It sounds like you would want the vaparetto to take you for your photographs.

Archived