Santorini Car Rental - Need Help

cp556

We'll need a rental car in Santorini in May. I've emailed Tony's, twice, with no reply (we used him in 2008 and wanted to use him again).

Anyone have a recommendation for a car rental place near the top of the cable car in Fira?

Thanks SO much

Carol in SC

I am also having trouble renting a car in Santorini for this June. We need a minibus (to seat 7). Tony's does not have any that size. I seem to have trouble getting these rental agencies to respond. Do they take part of the year off? I find many agencies online, all with the same name: Santorini Car Rentals. Their email addresses are slightly different, so I am just confused.

Anyone have experience with Santorini Car Hire or Santorini Car Rental? If you have good experiences, please share the contact information, so I make sure I email the correct agency.

Thank you very much!!

I am also having trouble renting a car in Santorini for this June. We need a minibus (to seat 7). Tony's does not have any that size. I seem to have trouble getting these rental agencies to respond. Do they take part of the year off? I find many agencies online, all with the same name: Santorini Car Rentals. Their email addresses are slightly different, so I am just confused.

Anyone have experience with Santorini Car Hire or Santorini Car Rental? If you have good experiences, please share the contact information, so I make sure I email the correct agency.

Thank you very much!!

Hi...

May I ask what email address you used for Tony's? I tried a link thru his website, and TWO addresses I had from our 2008 correspondence. No luck.

Or if ANYONE has a working address for Tony's, I'd be grateful. We're looking for a rental agency near the top of the cable car in Fira.

If you'd like to send me his email address privately, please use

cphillips556 at yahoo dott com

Thanks SO much.

cp556, Here is the contact information provided to me on an email response from Tony's Car Rental:

Thank you SO much. I know Tony's family owns a hotel, so that email address is probably for that ... but I sent it anyway :)

Many holiday workers will be away from this tiny island until Spring....I believe the Orthodox Christmas was on Jan 6th this year, and so people may well be still celebrating back on mainland Greece. The island doesn't really begin to awaken again until Spring, so there may not be anyone around to answer your messages yet. Keep trying!

Jo.

jocap, thank you for your reply. I want to make sure I am able to reserve a car. If I knew for sure that it would be okay to be patient and wait to hear back from Spiridakos, I would stop worrying! :)

I did contact Santorini Car Hire and have reserved a car from them. But I see that in today's email, in order to complete my reservation, they want a deposit. I don't wish to do that, so I guess I have to continue my car hunt.

Thanks.

Dana, I can understand your worry....but when we were staying on the island one October, everyone was talking about things shutting, and where they were going for the winter....our waiters were all going back to Albania until Easter or round about, and even the little ships were sailing back to homes on other islands, or to Athens.

Don't stop trying....

All the best, Jo.

Many holiday workers will be away from this tiny island until Spring....I believe the Orthodox Christmas was on Jan 6th this year, and so people may well be still celebrating back on mainland Greece. The island doesn't really begin to awaken again until Spring, so there may not be anyone around to answer your messages yet. Keep trying!

Jo.

Just wanted you to know I just heard from Tony at Tony's Car Rental ... he's back on the island. Thanks for your help, Jo!

Archived