miami taxi and baby

tiba99

I will be in Miami on Monday going on the majesty of the seas. I will be bringing my 8 month old on the cruise.

I was reading the other threads about the laws in florida. Some say its best to bring a car seat for the taxi, because they wont take you. I really dont want to bring the car seat with me so my next question would be a shuttle bus. Do you think I am required to bring a car seat or will they will be ok if I dont have one. Also does anyone recommend a good shuttle service. The shuttle bus from RCCL will cost us 50 per person.

HELP!!

I spoke to RCCL about this very issue. You don't need a car seat on their airport transfer.

But what kind of sucks is that they charge $30/per head. Meaning my lap baby is $30 too.

I looked around at some of the private car services and they were in the same ball park...something like $40 each way (with gratuity) plus a few dollars for the car seat rental.

For us, we decided we might as well go with the airport transfer.

You can get a Cosco Scenera for around $35 and gate check it. Knowing how they toss around gate checked seats, I wouldn't personally use one, but if it were down to no restraint at all for baby vs. a checked seat, then I'd get the inexpensive seat, gate check it, and take the cheaper taxi vs. the private limo. Stuff the seat in the closet in your cabin. The Scenera is pretty light (want to say it's around 10 lbs).

We're having the same dilemma and have decided to go with the RCI transfer even though it is so pricey. $30 is better than dragging our car seat with us and having to store it on the ship.

Are you kidding?? Assuming there are 3 of you at $30/pp you could hire a limo with a carseat.

Archived