Only 5 hours Baths or Jost Van Dyke

jjjct

We are in Tortola from 7 AM - 1 PM. We need to decide on the cruise trip to the Baths (the boat only trip) for 4 hours or the Jost Van Dyke trip for 5 hours. There will be 3 other ships docked that day. We have been to Jost Van Dyke in the past. Any thoughts on which to do and why. Will the Baths be too crowded with that amount of ships and time frame? Thanks!

4 ships in Tortola on the same day is a huge overload. :eek: I would not try to do the Baths; it will be a zoo. I would head over to Jost since there will be less crowds there. I imagine all the beaches on Tortola will be very crowded that day too. Be sure to leave plenty of time for the cab ride back to the ship since the taxis will be maxed out.

Is the Jost trip a ship excursion? I would take that for sure, since the ship would wait for you.

Brewers Bay is typically less crowded than Cane Garden, but with that many people in port I'll bet it will be really busy too. Does the ship excursion to JVD take you to specific places, or do they just drop you off/pick you up? There are other places to visit there beside White Bay and Foxy's. You could take a taxi over to Little Harbour and visit Sydney's (do-it-yourself bar :D)

Farther east is Foxy's Taboo (Foxy's other restaurant) and a short walk will take you to the Bubbly Pool where the sea rushes in and creates a natural jacuzzi (only if the swells are up).

At White Bay you can walk down to Ivan's (there is a goat path that goes over the rock formation on the beach) to get away from the crowds around Soggy Dollar.

Archived