NCL SUN need info

vols_159

I wanna know the best things to do onboard the NCL SUN im going to the western Carribeian 3-19-11 .. Cruise director good shows good resturants fun excersions.. choclate buffet any good info would help! Thanks

Jonathan

I wanna know the best things to do onboard the NCL SUN im going to the western Carribeian 3-19-11 .. Cruise director good shows good resturants fun excersions.. choclate buffet any good info would help! Thanks

Jonathan

Hi DH and I went on the Western Caribbean trip 12/11/10. The only shore excursion we went on was in Guatamala,to the Quirgua Mayan Ruins and Jade Musuem. No complaints,we enjoyed the trip out, and the ruins. (Well no complaints after leaving the ship. it was a little slow getting off)

Chocolate buffet, we missed it. :( We were watching on of the shows in a lounge)

Resturants, this trip we ate all but maybe one meal in the MDR's. I believe we visited the buffet once. The food was good. As for the Speciality resturants, it's all about the type of food you like. (Did Cagneys and Blue Lagoon on the Jewel, they were great)

I don't remember the Cruise director's name, however he and his assistant were great. Best show/game. The quest game.(IMHO)

It's only been a month, and I don't remember the shows. However we did enjoy them.

The ship, crew, staff, trip were all great. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip

HEY DEB (debnjoe)--we did have a GOOD time playing QUEST huh.....LOL

i was on the first and second week in December...the CD was PEDRO SERA and the assistant CD was Johnny"Cash" Sanchez

the SUN was a GOOD ship we ENJOYED our sailings

if your stop in the West C is Cozumel take the excursion with the ship to TULUM...the ruins were VERY IMPRESSIVE-long day but worth it!!.

..hubby went cave tubin in Belize (not with the ship) i went to the ruins in Lamani thru the ship-good tour differnt then Tulum but i felt the ruins in Tulum were much MORE IMPRESSIVE!!

in Santo T we did Rio Dulce thru the ship...nice tour but much of ours was on the cold windy ocean-getting to the river

the juggler was really good we ENJOYED his shows!

the BEST always is the end of the Talent show or the last show FOUNTAINS--NEVER TO BE MISSED!!!!

the FOOD is always enough for hubby and i NOT to pay extra...the BEST is always the ICE CREAM...longest line on the ship!!

COOL to be AFT on Deck 11 GREAT OUTDOORS for sail~aways while grabbing a bite to eat from the grill back there.

have the chef make ya a Turkey Burger if they arent available...hubby ate one or two everyday pretty much for 2 weeks!!

chocolate buffet is impressive but way to RICH!!!

be sure to check out the SPORTS BAR for some wings, chicken strips, chicken sandwich ...its the SUNs version of the BLUE LAGOON

and stop in and check out Pacific Heights in the Morns for breakfast or in the Evening for dinner...oh Pizza during lunch......check the hrs in the Free Style Daily.....

READ YOUR FREE~STYLE DAILY...BEST ADVICE i can give ya~

it comes everynite to your cabin!

the CREW onboard the SUN were very accomondating and enjoyable...we really had a GREAT 2 weeks so much we are going back in December!!

I wanna know the best things to do onboard the NCL SUN [RELAX! Enjoy the sea breezes and totally UNWIND.=3][/size]

im going to the western Carribeian 3-19-11 .. Cruise director good shows good resturants fun excersions.. choclate buffet Missed the chocolate buffet, it was too late and I fell asleep early that day.

any good info would help! Thanks

Jonathan

:D You'll like her, there are many activities, but I was on the transatlantic so your mileage will vary!

Something you won't see listed in the newsletter: Pacific Heights has omelets made to order, and waffles, every morning for breakfast.

Pacific Heights often has made to order stir fry for lunch. Check to.

It always has pasta made to order for lunch and pizza. That's in the newsletter, but the stir fry isn't listed.

HEY DEB (debnjoe)--we did have a GOOD time playing QUEST huh.....LOL

i was on the first and second week in December...the CD was PEDRO SERA and the assistant CD was Johnny"Cash" Sanchez

the SUN was a GOOD ship we ENJOYED our sailings

if your stop in the West C is Cozumel take the excursion with the ship to TULUM...the ruins were VERY IMPRESSIVE-long day but worth it!!.

..hubby went cave tubin in Belize (not with the ship) i went to the ruins in Lamani thru the ship-good tour differnt then Tulum but i felt the ruins in Tulum were much MORE IMPRESSIVE!!

in Santo T we did Rio Dulce thru the ship...nice tour but much of ours was on the cold windy ocean-getting to the river

the juggler was really good we ENJOYED his shows!

the BEST always is the end of the Talent show or the last show FOUNTAINS--NEVER TO BE MISSED!!!!

the FOOD is always enough for hubby and i NOT to pay extra...the BEST is always the ICE CREAM...longest line on the ship!!

COOL to be AFT on Deck 11 GREAT OUTDOORS for sail~aways while grabbing a bite to eat from the grill back there.

have the chef make ya a Turkey Burger if they arent available...hubby ate one or two everyday pretty much for 2 weeks!!

chocolate buffet is impressive but way to RICH!!!

be sure to check out the SPORTS BAR for some wings, chicken strips, chicken sandwich ...its the SUNs version of the BLUE LAGOON

and stop in and check out Pacific Heights in the Morns for breakfast or in the Evening for dinner...oh Pizza during lunch......check the hrs in the Free Style Daily.....

READ YOUR FREE~STYLE DAILY...BEST ADVICE i can give ya~

it comes everynite to your cabin!

the CREW onboard the SUN were very accomondating and enjoyable...we really had a GREAT 2 weeks so much we are going back in December!!

Hi Jan hope you and hubbay are doing well.

Ya know Pacfic wasn't listed on the Freestyle daily as a place serving breakfast. However, we did check it out one morning (as I had read here they do wafflles), and had waffles which were great.

Jonathan

The shows we went to and enjoyed were "Mod the musical" good if you like to watch pretty girls who can sing really really well. We all liked it including our 18 year old son. The "Encore" show was good which was excerpts from Broadway musicals, The juggler was really good. His last name was something like Frediani and the talent show on the last night was very good especially the last act which was hilarious.

For restaurants the only pay one we went to was East meets West which was very good. Pacific Heights for lunch and dinner as someone mentioned. I never made it to get waffles there for breakfast although I kept saying I was going to but mostly had fruit and a muffin. We did the Eastern so I can't comment on excursions. Cruise director was Pedro as someone mentioned about and "Johnny Cash" as his assistant. Both were excellent.

Archived