Alaska Cruise 2010 - how early should I get to the dock?

oliverweagle

Hi there! We are leaving on an Alaska Cruise on the Golden and would really like to try and sign up for the ultimate ship tour. From what I have read, the earlier one get on board to sign up, the better the odds. What time would you suggest to be one of the first folks in the ship?

Thanks!

Ollie:)

Hi there! We are leaving on an Alaska Cruise on the Golden and would really like to try and sign up for the ultimate ship tour. From what I have read, the earlier one get on board to sign up, the better the odds. What time would you suggest to be one of the first folks in the ship?

Thanks!

Ollie:)

Sure hope you are going in 2011, since 2010 is behind us.:)

We always get to the terminal by 11:00. That usually gets us on the ship ASAP. The Golden is a great ship, and Alaska is a fantastic cruise destination. Maybe we will see you there!

In 2009 we took the Golden to Alaska from Seattle. We arrived at the port at 11 a.m. went through security, got our ship I.D.'s got inline on the 'gang-way' by 11:15 a.m. and were in our cabin dumping our carryons by 11:45 a.m. then ordering lunch in the MDR by 12:15

10-12 persons per sailing, thats all. The free tour is just the public areas. UST takes you to the Galley, Medical Center, Engine rooms, behind stage in the theatre, etc. It is a great tour, and we enjoyed it very much. You also each get a princess plush robe ($90 in the gift shop), photos, etc.

Archived