Carnival to base vessel in Australia in 2012

woodscruise

and for sure in Oz it will carry that amount.

Carnival is bringing the ship here to fill it up, as per the Regal Princess(Pac Dawn) Sun Princess and Dawn Princess.

Like any line, it will carry what the market demands. All major lines, all around the world, have 3-4 berth cabins, and if the demand is there will fill them up. Here, some will be full e.g. Christmas and some will not.

We must all realise now we in OZ get the ships that are too old for the U.S. market, Spirit was launched in 2001 I think.

If that were true, they'd just have sent Fantasy or Ecstasy across, from 1990 and 1991. The US has equally old ships, so the above claim doesn't hold any merit and shows a chip on the shoulder - one wonders why!

What great news that we are actually getting a ship here from another company all year round, even though it is part of the Carnival group. We can actually try a cruise during the winter months.

I don't think they will have any trouble filling this one, as it will be heavily marketed to the North American market.

All we need now is for RCCI to base a ship here all year round, and we might start to see some good competition.

I wonder if the AUS TA's will allow bookings from non AUS residents?

Lawrie

Archived