partially obstructed cabin on Eclipse

Leesie6351

We have a chance to get a great buy $1259 on a repositioning cruise on the Eclipse- it's a TA ending in Miami, starting in Southampton end of Oct. Cabin # is 6244 a 2C partially obstructed. Could have had a good deal on a C2 but decided not to spend the money. Anyone know anything about this cabin or how bad the partial obstruction is? We thought-- heck--it's a TA-- what difference does the view make??

Thanks for your thoughts

We are booked in cabin 8244 on the Silhouette TA - we chose this particular cabin as it is on the hump; therefore, the view (looking directly down) should be pretty "clear" of obstruction. I would suggest searching google images for pics of the S class ships, a profile view of the ship would give you a good idea. We just got off the Eclipse on Saturday and if memory serves, that cabin would look directly onto a lifeboat (???) but since it is on the hump - it may not be too bad.

We were in 6269 and the lifeboat was just below us with some more visible obstructions. As we did not spend much time in the cabin it was not a big deal. We did, however find vibration from the disco to be annoying. I am a light sleeper -It may not bother you. Also- we were on a holiday sailing with many young people. I suspect they cranked up the music and partied later than usual.

Archived