Kids seasick?

The Love Bug Family

granny smith kind!

we were on a cruise last year, for the very first time. our DSs were 2 & 4 at the time. we asked our pediatrician, regarding meds for them. she recommended benedryl, and green apples. we packed our benedryl with us, but never used it. our DS4 didn't have any problems...but we think our DS2 was feeling "something". at that age, they don't readily tell us that they "feel nauseaus(sp?)" anyways, he wasn't feeling himself, the first night. wasn't really eating much during dinner, which is so not like him! so we thought maybe he is feeling seasick. i was feeling nauseaous. so we asked the waiter/server to get us an green apple. had our DS2 eat some, and i ate some as well. and we were all fine afterwards!

so try that...cuz honestly, it worked for us! i think it has something to do with the tartness of the apple? i don't know, but we will definitely try that again, shall we feel sick on board! good luck!

Green apples...we'll have to try that!

For our last cruise, I asked the pediatrician for a recommendation. We were told Bonine was OK for my boys (3&6). Split the pill into halves or quarters according to their weight. Doesn't look like much, but we didn't have a problem, especially with the little one who got carsick very easily.

Our pediatrician recommended Bonine as well (dosage by weight). We all took it before we started sailing and we had no problems at all. We never even took it again, just that initial dose. My kids were 8 & 3 at the time. I also brought a Relief Band but I never even took it out of the package. We are sailing again on the 29th and I will do the same thing. Also, I am pregnant this time and my doctor said Bonine was safe in pregnancy, too.

Good luck!

Angela

• 1 month later...

Archived