Boatyard(like) beach - St Patrick's Day

Choozin Croozin

Wow, I am so overwhelmed!:eek: I have been reading and reading....We are going to be in Barbados on St Patrick's Day and though I am sure it will be nothing there, it still is for us.:D I read about the Boatyard and thought it would be fun....BUT with 4 ships in port, NOT!

There will be 6-8 of us and I am looking for a nice beach that has some things to do, either kayaks, or kite boarding or something like that, bars that have some banks beer and local rum, flying fish sandwhich(?),shade of some sort, chairs, not to far from the ship, but would go farther than right around the corner. We wanted to go to Malibu and Banks for tours probably first thing in the a.m then spend the rest of the day having some fun in the sun...(also our last port day). Ages 23 - 62 Any suggestions? I know I am asking for the world here.

I agree with Ontario Cruiser. We had a great day at Lobster Alive. The umbrellas there were much nicer than at the Boatyard. We checked out both when we got there & decided on Lobster Alive.The rum punch there is amazing & friends that ate the food said it was very good.

You can rent jetskis, banana boats, sailboat, etc. on the beach there. We went out on a small sailboat & loved it.

Juli

Boatyard is pretty big and there are a lot of places that people go in Barbados for the day...we went over to Boatyard beach both time we were there...there were 3 ships last time and it wasnt too busy at all. We actually rented our chairs and umbrella from Lobster Alive...it was $5 cheaper each and still included 2 rum punches each

Boatyard is pretty big and there are a lot of places that people go in Barbados for the day...we went over to Boatyard beach both time we were there...there were 3 ships last time and it wasnt too busy at all. We actually rented our chairs and umbrella from Lobster Alive...it was $5 cheaper each and still included 2 rum punches each

So could you still use the equipment at Boatyard, or you just stayed at Lobster Alive? I have been reading a lot about them. Also just read about Harbor Lights which I do believe is the same beach but farther down.

Thanks for your help.:)

You cannot use the facilities at the Boatyard unless you have their armband. You cannot even buy a drink there.

They are right beside each other though & you can rent jetskis, etc. from either place.

There are a few pictures from Lobster Alive in my Victory review. We loved it there!

Juli

Thank you in more ways than 1. I went to your review to look at the pictures and found all kinds of great information. We too are staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan and are planning on eating at the Latin Roots. I want to try Le Lechonera, but the stuff you had sounds wonderful too. Also wanted to be there for the Salsa dancing so thanks for the time on that. We too will be exhausted as we have to get up at 4a for our flight. Hopefully we will sleep. I have heard about Lions and Cockleshell beach so that might have been a deal breaker too. We are also really looking forward to Dominica and are using Bumpling tours. Anyway, I REALLY got off track here. I am just getting so excited!! Thanks again.

Thank you in more ways than 1. I went to your review to look at the pictures and found all kinds of great information. We too are staying at the Sheraton Old San Juan and are planning on eating at the Latin Roots. I want to try Le Lechonera' date=' but the stuff you had sounds wonderful too. Also wanted to be there for the Salsa dancing so thanks for the time on that. We too will be exhausted as we have to get up at 4a for our flight. Hopefully we will sleep. I have heard about Lions and Cockleshell beach so that might have been a deal breaker too. We are also really looking forward to Dominica and are using Bumpling tours. Anyway, I REALLY got off track here. I am just getting so excited!! Thanks again.[/quote']

Glad to help. We had a great time on our cruise & I am sure you will too.

Juli

Hi All: To those of you who know, is it easy to get to Lobster Alive from the pier? Also, would you recommend the place for teens?

Choozin Cruisin: We are on your cruise (RC). I was actually hoping to find a tour of Barbados maybe. 2 yrs. ago we went on the Thriller Tour with Stephen Tryhane and really enjoyed it (good Rum Punch also), and are considering it, but would really like to see more of Barbados.

Also, did Bumpiing Tours last year in Domenica, but again would like to see something different.

Hi All: To those of you who know, is it easy to get to Lobster Alive from the pier? Also, would you recommend the place for teens?

Choozin Cruisin: We are on your cruise (RC). I was actually hoping to find a tour of Barbados maybe. 2 yrs. ago we went on the Thriller Tour with Stephen Tryhane and really enjoyed it (good Rum Punch also), and are considering it, but would really like to see more of Barbados.

Also, did Bumpiing Tours last year in Domenica, but again would like to see something different.

I obviously can't tell from experience, but what I have read it is $3.00pp each way for a taxi, and sounds close and easy. Here is a blurb from another thread (from a local) that might also be helpful:

Boatyard is right next door to Lobster Alive

and the taximan may try to coerce you into doing Boatyard instead

so he can get his cutback from Boatyard(arrangements they sometimes have..)

but don't let that happen to you.

If he hasn't heard of Lobster, say Boatyard on Lower Bay Street.

Same spot, give or take 50 yds.

Access to the broad Carlisle Bay beach right alongside Lobster ..is free

and you'll see their big beach umbrellas waiting for you.

Move early before it gets too hot..or before all the umbrellas are taken.

Get there by 10 a.m. you'll be alright.

Also, my db and sil took a tour a couple of years ago in Barbados. They just got off the ship and struck a deal with a taxi driver. They had a great time and saw a lot of the island. FWIW

• 2 weeks later...

Archived