Miami Airport LaQuinta

disneyaholicraquel

Which LaQuinta by Miami airport hotel is best?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which LaQuinta by Miami airport hotel is best?

• East
    • West
    • North

LQ East is often suggested on these boards for those seeking cheap lodging for one night before cruising. Reviews have been mixed :(, but the low prices and offer of a free shuttle convince many that it will meet their needs. Good luck! :)

We stayed at the one on LeJuene Rd last April. We stayed one night precruise on thursday night. We did rent a car from the airport as we flew into FLL and had 4 women, and this was cheaper than the transfers. The hotel offers free parking, so we let the rental in the parking lot friday-monday and took the free shuttle to the port.

This is not a 4 star hotel, but it was fine with us for 1 night. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was hot and ok, the service was good. It got hectic when it came time to shuttle to the port, but this was because of rude customers, not the hotel. You need to sign up for the shuttle as soon as you get there and get on a time slot, some people just came down and thought they were going to get on the next shuttle and were very rude when they were ask to wait.

We did sit out by the pool the afternoon we got there and the pool was ok. Nothing special but there were plenty of chairs, tables, etc.

There is a Bennigans restaurant inn front of the hotel. We did not go there as we had the car rental and went into Miami thursday night for dinner and the Market Place. There was a convenience store/gas station that was about 4 blocks. Within walking distance if you wanted to take a walk. We went there for drinks for around the pool. If you want water or soda for the cruise you could get it there, but depending on how much you are buying, you will need to carry it back the 4 blocks to the hotel.

The day post cruise, we again shuttled back to the hotel. We had ask the hotel ahead of time if we would be allowed to use the pool and restrooms as several of us had late day flights. They had no problem with this. However, we had rain that day and just came back to the hotel and got the vehicle and went for breakfast. The road to and from the hotel is a service road and kinda tricky to get to. The traffic in the area is crazy and I don't mind city driving, but add a thunderstorm to it and it took us an hour to find somewhere to eat breakfast!!!

I have photos if you want to see them, just let me know. Sorry this is so long, but hope it helps. Just make sure to search for discounts, as there are plenty out there and we snagged the hotel for $58 night

I believe the 'north' one is next to a mall with a liquor store, dollar store, restaurants etc. Cheaper than the east (cuz east includes shuttle to port I think) but they can arrange a shuttle for you (probably around $10 pp) so not much difference.

Not sure of your dates but I found la quinta north on lastminutetravel for around $75 for my date (feb 2nd) along with a few other airport hotels (but have not booked anything yet!)

Here are some of the reviews: http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g34438-d87076-r92213053-La_Quinta_Miami_Airport_North-Miami_Florida.html#CHECK_RATES_CONT

We stayed at the one on LeJuene Rd last April. We stayed one night precruise on thursday night. We did rent a car from the airport as we flew into FLL and had 4 women, and this was cheaper than the transfers. The hotel offers free parking, so we let the rental in the parking lot friday-monday and took the free shuttle to the port.

This is not a 4 star hotel, but it was fine with us for 1 night. The rooms were clean, the breakfast was hot and ok, the service was good. It got hectic when it came time to shuttle to the port, but this was because of rude customers, not the hotel. You need to sign up for the shuttle as soon as you get there and get on a time slot, some people just came down and thought they were going to get on the next shuttle and were very rude when they were ask to wait.

We did sit out by the pool the afternoon we got there and the pool was ok. Nothing special but there were plenty of chairs, tables, etc.

There is a Bennigans restaurant inn front of the hotel. We did not go there as we had the car rental and went into Miami thursday night for dinner and the Market Place. There was a convenience store/gas station that was about 4 blocks. Within walking distance if you wanted to take a walk. We went there for drinks for around the pool. If you want water or soda for the cruise you could get it there, but depending on how much you are buying, you will need to carry it back the 4 blocks to the hotel.

The day post cruise, we again shuttled back to the hotel. We had ask the hotel ahead of time if we would be allowed to use the pool and restrooms as several of us had late day flights. They had no problem with this. However, we had rain that day and just came back to the hotel and got the vehicle and went for breakfast. The road to and from the hotel is a service road and kinda tricky to get to. The traffic in the area is crazy and I don't mind city driving, but add a thunderstorm to it and it took us an hour to find somewhere to eat breakfast!!!

I have photos if you want to see them, just let me know. Sorry this is so long, but hope it helps. Just make sure to search for discounts, as there are plenty out there and we snagged the hotel for $58 night

Hi,

Sorry for hijacking, but do you recall if their was a liquor store with in walking distance? I am booked at this hotel for one night in march before we cruise and would like to pick up two bottles of wine or champagne and possibly some mixers.

What shuttle did you use to get back to the hotel?

Archived