first time rci cruiser!!!

first i would like to point out how helpful the members of cc have been! I'm very happy I stumbled across this site! My very 1st cruise was last march w/ rcl which I very much enjoyed. I am going on another March 31st on the eos.. I have some, well alot, of ?s.. I would very much appreciate any and all cc help....

Dining:

dress code: how many (each) formal, semi formal, casual nights are on a 9night cruise?

dress code required in all eating areas?

How many dining halls r there?

What is anytime dining?

can u make resv for anytime of day?

When to make resv? 1st day of cruise, each day, morning?

are there 2pp tables? at specialty rest and ding halls?

Is the chops rest onboard the explorer?

how to find out what/when are the themed nights

Is there a fridge in the inside rooms?

THank u cc for any answers u may have.....

first i would like to point out how helpful the members of cc have been! I'm very happy I stumbled across this site! My very 1st cruise was last march w/ rcl which I very much enjoyed. I am going on another March 31st on the eos.. I have some, well alot, of ?s.. I would very much appreciate any and all cc help....

Dining:

dress code: how many (each) formal, semi formal, casual nights are on a 9night cruise?

What is anytime dining?

:cool:

The best way to get answers for almost all of your questions is to explore RCCL website. Most questions are answered there. Ship deck plans show what is located on each deck, ie restaurants, bars etc. Once you have that site mastered, CC can answer remaining questions.:cool:

Dining:

2 formal nights, and a mix of dress casual and casual...although there is supposed to be some difference between the last 2, I hardly noticed on my recent cruise.

No dress code is required...it is suggested. If you choose to follow the suggestion, then yes...in MDR and specialty restaurants it would apply. I've never been up there on formal nights but I can't imagine anyone wearing super formal to Windjammer.

On Explorer there is a 3 level MDR, Windjammer (buffet) and (help me?) one or two specialty...Part of the MDR will be set aside for My Time Dining...the rest will be traditional.

What is anytime dining?

It works like a land-based restaurant. You call and reserve a table or walk in. You can be seated with other people, if you like, or sit on your own although, if you walk up, you may have to wait for a 2pp table to open up.

Don't understand the question, exactly...but reservations are taken for dinner during certain posted hours. Only dinner is reservation based...breakfast and lunch (on sea days) is walk up.

Whatever works for you. We sometimes reserved earlier in the day and sometimes just walked up to My Time. You CAN make reservations for the whole week if you want. I like staying flexible. Never had trouble getting a table but I DON'T show up at 6...more like 7:30 or after.

Yes, both.

Yes and maybe Portofino? Can't remember. I do know there's a Chops. We ate Christmas dinner there. :)

You can ask previous cruisers closer to your cruise...I'll bet it may change slightly from cruise to cruise depending on demographics...

The only inside I ever had was on Explorer...and I honestly don't remember. Others may know. My inclination is to say yes...

Hope this helps

There is Portofino's but no Chops on the Explorer. There is also a Johnny Rockets.

If there are theme nights they are not well publicized. I've been on the Explorer 5 times and theme nights would pop up sometimes, but we never had clothes for them and neither did the vast majority of the other cruisers.

The Explorer has gotten more and more casual over the last several years. People are well dressed on formal nights, but most folks are not in tuxes or gowns - it's more like what you would wear to church or a wedding instead of what you would wear if you were in the wedding party itself.

Archived