Point a Pitre, Guadeloupe

garda

We will be in Guadeloupe from noon to midnight. I have seen one poster's recommendations, but this was for a whole day. According to the reviews I have seen, I wiil not be out at night!

We would just like to go to a beach for a few hours .

Anyone have any advise?

I believe there is a Club Med in Guadeloupe. Do they have day passes?

Thanks for your help

We were in Guadaloupe for the day with our cruise over Christmas holidays. We spent a few hours in the town located at the port. We did enjoy seeing the fresh, open air markets and the fish caught that day but regretted not venturing out after talking to some fellow cruiseres who did excursions. The town folk were very friendly... after exchanging a simple greeting with one, she stopped to ask how we were enjoying Guadaloupe. They had set up a market area right at the port and also had dancers and bands playing the entire time we were there. As we sailed away, they kept dancing and playing and waving. It was nice to feel so welcomed and appreciated as cruisers/visitors.

I think due to the language barrier and the lack of information easily available about the port, many people chose to stay on the boat or just do as we did and stay in the town. I talked with a fellow passenger who had a great day as he just walked out the port gate and hired a driver for the day. He had the driver take he and his wife and child to the Falls then on to a beach- Saint Anne. He seemed to really enjoy the day and after talking with him, I wish we had chosen to do the same. He did say he tried to hire one of the drivers just inside the gate but they were not as fair in price as the guys just outside.

I also heard great things about an excursion some took to a private, deserted island... Caret or Fiesta Island? It was thru the cruise ship adventures but wouldn't be surprised if yours offered the same. It was a bit of a "party boat" ride over to an island for a beach day.

Hope this helps a little. I checked daily on here for some help with this port and came up with only the entry you referred to in your post.

Archived