Does RCL Charge for Steak and Room Service?

LaShelle2

I'm debating between rcl Monarch and CCL Sensation. Same Price for the sailing we want.

CCL rep says they are better because RCL charges for room service and steak??? Is that true :confused:

Also, does Monarch Have a formal night and do you get lobster?

There is only a charge for room service if ordered between midnight and 5:00am; otherwise it is free. In the main dining room there is steak available at no charge; you can pay $15 and obtain a high quality cut of steak that is generally served in the specialty restaurant Chops (a steakhouse like restaurant on some RCI ships). However you can have free lesser quality steak every night if you want. I believe there is one formal night, but not sure if they serve lobster; being from New England I do not find cruise ship lobster to be tasty.

..and the room service charge ($3.95) for the hours between midnight and 5 AM is a small token amount no matter how much you order.

Many feel it was initiated to discourage wasteful ordering of food which is not eaten, either because of mischief pranks or being passed out drunks not answering the door.

Archived