Late arrival in FLL on World Cruise

StarFlyr

I received a message yesterday that the QM2 will arrive FLL 4 hours late (noon.) I assume this is because of the weather in NY. Firstly, I'm wondering if this is a WAG (wild ass guess for landlubbers)? I'm scheduled to embark in FLL between noon and 3:30 pm. I haven't seen anything that would push this checkin time back to later in the afternoon.

I'll probably call Cunard on Saturday and ask, but does anyone know from previous experience how these delays work down the line. I'm hoping it won't make any difference in shore breaks down the line past FLL since there aren't that many stops anyway.

Also, if there are any Balcony people reading this, I would appreciate it if you would stay home so I can slide into one of the Balcony or better rooms. :)

Just kidding...

If the ship normally arrives at 8am and boarding starts at noon, I would think that the start of boarding would be pushed back accordingly as time has to be allowed for passengers debarking, although there should not be that many as it is the early part of the World cruise. I would probably turn up as usual and bring a book. If you are sitting in the departure area, you are very unlikely to miss the ship. :) Sorry can't be more helpful.

I received a message yesterday that the QM2 will arrive FLL 4 hours late (noon.) I assume this is because of the weather in NY. Firstly, I'm wondering if this is a WAG (wild ass guess for landlubbers)? I'm scheduled to embark in FLL between noon and 3:30 pm. I haven't seen anything that would push this checkin time back to later in the afternoon.

I'll probably call Cunard on Saturday and ask, but does anyone know from previous experience how these delays work down the line. I'm hoping it won't make any difference in shore breaks down the line past FLL since there aren't that many stops anyway.

Also, if there are any Balcony people reading this, I would appreciate it if you would stay home so I can slide into one of the Balcony or better rooms. :)

Just kidding...

I booked a sheltered balcony 5136 and I am staying home :(:(:(:(:(

Have a safe and fun cruise.

Marie

I booked a sheltered balcony 5136 and I am staying home :(:(:(:(:(

Have a safe and fun cruise.

Marie

OK, I'll take it! Seriously, why are you not going? Weather? Hope it's not because of the dinner roll RANTS from some wide-body critics here.

Archived