Airport Shuttle Worry

klampetts

Six of us are flying into Tampa, I was told we didn't need to book the shuttle in advance, just to find it when we get there. Anyone know approximately how much time this takes and how far of a drive it is to the dock from the airport? Also, what about when returning, how long does it take to disembark and get the shuttle back to the airport? Thanks.

Yep, cabs will be lined up waiting for you. Much more convenient than Carnival's shuttle.

The airport is not far from the pier.

I don't know about "just finding it when you get there". I know you can book the return shuttle on the ship.

Cabs will also be waiting at the pier to take you to the airport.

Just an FYI...with Carnival's shuttle, you'll be waiting on the bus until it fills up. Which means waiting for other flights to arrive. You might be sitting there awhile. Then you'll arrive at the pier with the rest of the buses. It's a PITA.

Six of us are flying into Tampa, I was told we didn't need to book the shuttle in advance, just to find it when we get there. Anyone know approximately how much time this takes and how far of a drive it is to the dock from the airport? Also, what about when returning, how long does it take to disembark and get the shuttle back to the airport? Thanks.

Cab is a flat fee of $25. A mini van cab might be a little more or you can always take 2. It works out to under $10 per person. Shuttles are more expensive. cabs are readily available. It takes about 15 minutes from the airport to the pier depending on traffic.

Cabs are much easier and cheaper than the shuttles.

You cant just board a carnival shuttle if you see it.. you cant pay the bus driver. He will have a list of people to pick up.

You have to pay carnival.. even if allowed to pay last minute for return to the airport and pay on the ship, you are paying carnival, not a bus driver.

After you get you baggage just go out the sliding doors and there will be a taxi que. You will save both time and money by taking the taxi. They are lined up so no worries, taxis will also be waiting at the port. It is a $25 flat fee for up to 4 passengers so it will still save you money to pay for the 2 extra VS the Carnival shuttle.

We were told to just look for the Carnival rep near the ground transportation area when we arrived. We did, and she was easy to find, and she politely said, "Look, I can sell you shuttle tickets for $35 each or you can go hop a taxi and it will run you $20 for both of you." Didn't take a lot of thought on our part and the taxi driver knew where to go, we just gave him the pier number. Also, if you're taking the shuttle I've heard that you could be sitting at the airport for quite a while as they'll wait to get a load of passengers before they depart.

You can prepay or pay at the airport for the Carnival shuttle. They are located by baggage claim and very easy to spot. They hold Carnival signs. They take down your info and the fee is charged to your sail and sign account. It is just as easy to catch a cab. The shuttle will be waiting for you when you get off the ship but like others say, they wait until the shuttle is full before leaving for the airports.

Archived