Adventure ocean

new2cruising72

Can anyone who has experience with Adventure Ocean kids club tell me a little about it?

Are there toys at the club that the kids play with? Are kids allowed to bring their own toys from home to play with at the club?

Is there a window that you can look in and see what they're doing?

In warm weather will they take them to the kids pool area to swim or do they stay in the club area?

I'm bringing a 4 year old on the Explorer in March, thanks for any info!!

Can anyone who has experience with Adventure Ocean kids club tell me a little about it? Adventure Ocean could well be the primary reason we cruise, and why the kids love it so much. They provide excellent supervision and interesting activities. Every morning, afternoon, and evening session has a different theme. One night might be pirates and the next morning is science. From art (sculpting with Model Magic, decorating their own pillow case) to dinosaurs, to games, the kids are never bored and there's something for every one. It is staffed by crew members with backgrounds in areas such as P.E. or Childhood Development. There are separate play areas for each age group.

Are there toys at the club that the kids play with? Are kids allowed to bring their own toys from home to play with at the club? There is plenty for the kids to do, but I don't think their own toy is prohibited. Just be aware that there are lots of other kids in their with your child and I wouldn't suggest taking anything that's valuable or extremely precious to him or her. It's a mostly open play area and accidents could happen.

Is there a window that you can look in and see what they're doing? Yes! I haven't been on Explorer but Voyager had glass doors and several windows in each age group area.

In warm weather will they take them to the kids pool area to swim or do they stay in the club area? They mostly stay in the club area. There might be a special activity where they take the kids on a tour of the ship, and be sure to sign him/her up for the "Pirates take over the ship" night. (I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, but bring your video camera!)

I'm bringing a 4 year old on the Explorer in March, thanks for any info!! Your child will have fun and so will you! AO is great because the kids are thrilled to be there and they are safe. That let's you have some peace of mind to go chill at the pool, have a drink after dinner, or even take an excursion in port. I love being able to grab some grown up ME time while I'm on vacation. hehe

Have a great cruise! Where are you going?

Can anyone who has experience with Adventure Ocean kids club tell me a little about it? Adventure Ocean could well be the primary reason we cruise, and why the kids love it so much. They provide excellent supervision and interesting activities. Every morning, afternoon, and evening session has a different theme. One night might be pirates and the next morning is science. From art (sculpting with Model Magic, decorating their own pillow case) to dinosaurs, to games, the kids are never bored and there's something for every one. It is staffed by crew members with backgrounds in areas such as P.E. or Childhood Development. There are separate play areas for each age group.

Are there toys at the club that the kids play with? Are kids allowed to bring their own toys from home to play with at the club? There is plenty for the kids to do, but I don't think their own toy is prohibited. Just be aware that there are lots of other kids in their with your child and I wouldn't suggest taking anything that's valuable or extremely precious to him or her. It's a mostly open play area and accidents could happen.

Is there a window that you can look in and see what they're doing? Yes! I haven't been on Explorer but Voyager had glass doors and several windows in each age group area.

In warm weather will they take them to the kids pool area to swim or do they stay in the club area? They mostly stay in the club area. There might be a special activity where they take the kids on a tour of the ship, and be sure to sign him/her up for the "Pirates take over the ship" night. (I don't want to ruin the surprise for you, but bring your video camera!)

I'm bringing a 4 year old on the Explorer in March, thanks for any info!! Your child will have fun and so will you! AO is great because the kids are thrilled to be there and they are safe. That let's you have some peace of mind to go chill at the pool, have a drink after dinner, or even take an excursion in port. I love being able to grab some grown up ME time while I'm on vacation. hehe

Have a great cruise! Where are you going?

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everything!!

We are going March 31,2011 and will be stopping in San Juan, St Thomas, Semana DR, and Labadee. I'm very excited. Actually the kids club is the reason we decided to finally go on a cruise too, because we know we can actually have some time to ourselves while our dd has a lot of fun with other kids. Thanks again

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer everything!!

We are going March 31,2011 and will be stopping in San Juan, St Thomas, Semana DR, and Labadee. I'm very excited. Actually the kids club is the reason we decided to finally go on a cruise too, because we know we can actually have some time to ourselves while our dd has a lot of fun with other kids. Thanks again

In December, I took my 4 year old on Enchantment with almost the same ports as you. She loved AO on the days I used it (usually on sea days) but she would occasionally ask to go at night after dinner. The activities were all age appropriate.

As for ports- here's a run down of what we did...

-Old San Juan. We took the free trolley to Fort San Cristobel. My daughter LOVED it, especially the dungeon where they kept the 'bad pirates'. She still talks about it on occasion. She was also very interested in the cannon balls.

-St Thomas. We took a cab to Magen's Bay. This worked out great because we could leave whenever we wanted (considering she needed to nap because we were so busy). The waves were calm and great to play in. I think the cost was $8 pp for the taxi and there was a charge to use the beach for adults- it may be like a state park kind of fee.

-Semana. Took the Cayo excursion from the boat. It was great for us. I will warn you on the day we were there on the left side of the beach the waves were stronger than on the right side. We discovered this after my daughter got pulled down by undertow. We also brought a few boxes of Cheerios with us from Windjammer for a snack for daughter and to feed the fish. She used a pair of regular goggles I picked up at Walmart to see the fish under the water. And the fish like Cheerios.

-Labadee. It rained while we were there, so AO (on the island itself) was not busy. You can drop your kids off at AO and then do your own thing on the island till you have to pick them up again. I found Columbus Cove the best beach to swim with her. There was another just down a little bit, but that was where teh inflatable water toys were and I did not want her to know about them because I have read on different reviews that you need alot of upper arm strength to hoist yourself up to them...and neither of us have that. There is also a small water park right in front of AO that kids can use only with parents, not when in AO.

Schedules for AO are at the link in my signature. You can see some of the activities they do. Imagine a Chuckee Cheese at Sea. That's Adventure Ocean. ;) So yes, there are toys for them to play with. I wouldn't bring any from home, its not necessary.

My kids have never been swimming with AO so I don't believe that they do that. But who knows, it could always change.

They do kid dinners at Johnny Rockets -- free of charge. So look for those. They fill up so make sure you sign up for it. Have a great cruise!

Schedules for AO are at the link in my signature. You can see some of the activities they do. Imagine a Chuckee Cheese at Sea. That's Adventure Ocean. ;) So yes, there are toys for them to play with. I wouldn't bring any from home, its not necessary.

My kids have never been swimming with AO so I don't believe that they do that. But who knows, it could always change.

They do kid dinners at Johnny Rockets -- free of charge. So look for those. They fill up so make sure you sign up for it. Have a great cruise!

Thanks Cruisinmama for having those kids compasses for AO on RCCL in your signature. It's just what I was looking for. We are doing the Liberty next Jan. and those gave me an idea of what activities there are for the kids. It doesn't look like the kids will get bored:)

Thanks Cruisinmama for having those kids compasses for AO on RCCL in your signature. It's just what I was looking for. We are doing the Liberty next Jan. and those gave me an idea of what activities there are for the kids. It doesn't look like the kids will get bored:)

Bored, never. You will also be given a pager just in case you need to be contacted.

Bored, never. You will also be given a pager just in case you need to be contacted.

Thanks for the info. I know at the 9-11y/o group they can sign themselves in and out, not a chance in hell am I going to let them do that. They can pageme and I would be happy to pic them up.

Thanks for the info. I know at the 9-11y/o group they can sign themselves in and out' date=' not a chance in hell am I going to let them do that. They can pageme and I would be happy to pic them up.[/quote']

Yep, same here! I had to give sign out privledges on Carnival in order for my oldest to participate in the "group scavenger hunt". And since they had FOUR :eek: scavengers hunts on CCL for that cruise, I didn't want her to be left out. So I spent the cruise meeting her every night at the club. She would give me the time/place and I would meet her there -- then she would sign herself out and we would walk back to the cabin together.

She was 9, she didn't need to walk back alone. NO WAY! ;)

• 4 months later...

[quote name=new2cruising72;27484856

I'm bringing a 4 year old on the Explorer in March' date=' thanks for any info!![/quote]

how did you make out with AO on Explorer? We just booked EOS for Sept 2012.. bring first timers: my DS turning 8 on the trip nephews 4 and 6 with us. Wishing I had researched more on it while I was on Freedom last week! TIA

how did you make out with AO on Explorer? We just booked EOS for Sept 2012.. bring first timers: my DS turning 8 on the trip nephews 4 and 6 with us. Wishing I had researched more on it while I was on Freedom last week! TIA

We just left the Explorerer this morning. This was our third time on that particular ship (we've done two 9-day and one 14-day). Each time their program was top notch. I always have my favorite counselors, but all of them have been kind, enthusiastic, and with it.

Have a great trip!

• 4 months later...

We are headed the week of Thanksgiving - first cruise with kids.....I am not worried about the 7 year old in her group, but has anyone had a 5 year old in the younger group lately? She is in Kindergarten and I am worried it may seem young for her - not that she has a choice....

Thanks for any info.....

We are on Liberty if that matters....

Finally, thanks CrusinMama for posting the Kid's Compasses!

We are on the same cruise kmkristianson! We are also taking a large family group with our 6 grandchildren who have never been on a cruise. We have a 5 year old in kindergarten too. I am wondering how they can have 3 year olds in the same group. Perhaps the kindergarteners can move up?? Not sure how that works. I have heard different opinions on that.

It's going to be a terrific week.

Hey KissKowgirl....definetly looking foward to the trip! We have two girls (7 & 5) as I mentioned and will have both parents with us! Down to the 40's for the count down....my girls are pumped, but then again so am I.

Glad I am not the only one with the questions, love all the information on the boards so I hope that someone will chime in!

See you on the Liberty!

Karen

Archived