Balcony - obstructed view (pics??)

engrdad

I missed a word in my answer:

There are NO obstructions in a balcony cabin...forgot the word "no"...sorry about that!

You have 20 minutes to edit your posts by clicking on the edit button that shows in you post which is there for that time period. Just make sure you complete your correction in that time period or you will get an error message when you hit the save button. You can even add a reason for your edit in the box provided as I have done below.

I missed a word in my answer:

There are NO obstructions in a balcony cabin...forgot the word "no"...sorry about that!

:confused: Well, I booked directly with Princess. The lady I spoke with said that the free upgrade to balcony special (for price of oceanview) was for a GTY balcony WITH obstructed view. She then gave me a higher price (not much, about +$50) if I wanted a GTY balcony with an UNOBSTRUCTED view. I opted for the unobstructed for an additional $50.

I thought this was strange; which prompted my original question. Did they just get another $50 from me for no reason???

FYI... Island Princes, Voyage of the Glaciers, Southbound.

Could they be talking about the cabins right next to the bumb out. We were on the Coral next to the bump out. There was no obstruction looking straight out and forward. But the bump out was in the way looking aft .....

somewhat.

They are the first balconies on either side at the front on the Dolphin deck and the only two balconies at the back of the ship on the Emerald deck so I imagine it the superstructure of the ship that is causing the obstruction.

Here are a couple of shots showing those balconies which have arrows pointing to them. The Dolphin deck front Cat.BH balcony view are obstructed by the superstructure of the ship and the Emerald deck aft Cat. BH balcony view is obstructed by a what looks like a window and balcony panel cleaning platforms.

IslandPrFrt.jpg.6afa055a4cc462eb99e3daf973463867.jpg

IslandPrAft01.jpg.ca70d18e83ec8cc1fe707ed5659e4949.jpg

Thanks, it is amazing the knowledge that is on this board. I looked back at the cost and there was only a $31 increase to guarantee not to get one of the obstruction view balconies. Doesn't really matter because I know that we will be upgraded! :D Gotta keep the faith....

You have 20 minutes to edit your posts by clicking on the edit button that shows in you post which is there for that time period. Just make sure you complete your correction in that time period or you will get an error message when you hit the save button. You can even add a reason for your edit in the box provided as I have done below.

Thank you for the info..never noticed the "edit" button on the screen.

Thanks, it is amazing the knowledge that is on this board. I looked back at the cost and there was only a $31 increase to guarantee not to get one of the obstruction view balconies. Doesn't really matter because I know that we will be upgraded! :D Gotta keep the faith....

I wouldn't mind staying in either of the two emerald deck rear Cat. BH balcony cabins. They have balconies that are half the width of the ship so the view obstruction that the cleaning platform provides is easily avoided. IMO a gty wouldn't get those being they are the only aft facing cabins on the ship and having such a huge balcony would make very sought after.

I wouldn't mind staying in either of the two emerald deck rear Cat. BH balcony cabins. They have balconies that are half the width of the ship so the view obstruction that the cleaning platform provides is easily avoided. IMO a gty wouldn't get those being they are the only aft facing cabins on the ship and having such a huge balcony would make very sought after.
I wouldn't mind staying in any of the four Cat. BH balcony cabins. Even the front ones give you some shade that you need sometimes.

• 10 months later...
Does anyone have a pic of D205 balcony? I would like to see how much of the view the hull blocks. Specifically a pic taken from on the balcony.

This a pretty good site for the island/ coral princess cabin pics from the outside. Can't remember who gets credit for the site. (thank-you!)

http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id6.html

I'm also looking for a pic taken from the balcony but of B206- I'll have to remember to post it when I get back. If you look at photo a and d it gives you an idea of the overhang. Hope it helps:o

Does anyone have a pic of D205 balcony? I would like to see how much of the view the hull blocks. Specifically a pic taken from on the balcony.

Start here:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

If you don't find what you're looking for there, make a request here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501475&page=10

Chances are someone will have a pic of what you're looking for!

Happy cruising!

Rick

Start here:

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

If you don't find what you're looking for there, make a request here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1501475&page=10

Chances are someone will have a pic of what you're looking for!

Happy cruising!

Rick

Thanks for the help. The google site does not provide this info. And that other thread is getting very long. I saw the picture somewhere on here…sure wish I saved the link!

Archived