Harrisons Cave

Wateron

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just looking at options for Barbados, and considering caves as my sons GF loves taking photos. We are just there for day with cruise ship. Since it is 20min minimum by taxi and I heard ship books a lot of the AM time slots for cave..the only option would be ship excursion to see caves. They are asking $80 per person, would you consider this based on price to see caves, or pass and do a private taxi tour of island sights,shop & a beach maybe? (I think we can get a private taxi tour for $120 total) Thanks. I have seen caves before, but thought of a Barbados cave is neat, just not sure of price to justify,tour length or ability to see the cave well. Your or anyone else opinion is greatly appreciated.

It's warm in the cave, but not uncomfortably warm. There's so much water rushing through the cave and dripping from the ceiling that keeps the temperature cooler than outdoors. You will get a little wet.

As far as is it worth it vs an island tour. If you have a photo taker in your group, they'll get more varied photos on the island tour. The road to the cave isn't that scenic, and though I took lots of pictures in the cave, I think more than 3 of them would bore the people you're showing them to, because you really need to hear the guide's narration to make them more interesting!

The Harrison Caves are worth the trip.

Thanks for opinion-now to decide tram or new walk tour that they posted on cave website starting end of Sept. The only thing that makes me wonder about tram is if there is enough time to get photos, or easy to take without leaning over other people? The walking tour sounds the same except stated "upcloser" So the caves are definitely on our list.

Just wondering if can get to Bethsheba realistically,if "Chatel Village" -Holetown worth a trip or just more shopping downtown, and maybe put the new privat chocolate tour on radar also.

Hi

Lots of time to get photos on the tram and they also stop at key points. We also got off the tram a couple of times to look around and take photos.

Ros

Thanks for info on tram--we do a lot of walking on exursions,ship and shopping so may be nice to enjoy a riding guided tour and enjoy the grounds too.

Archived