First time poster and cruiser needs insight

kittyness

Hi,

I'm new to cruising and this site. My husband and I are booked for a 7-night W. Carribbean cruise on Carnival Conquest. We thought we would save some money on the room and put that toward excursions so we booked an IS room. What kinds of rooms have you been assigned when booking IS? Is it a bad room 100% of the time? Have we made a big mistake?

Thanks!

There is no such thing as a bad cabin. I got a quad mid deck, bottom deck my last IS, last minute. Solo cruise. I wasnt crazy about it, but it was fine. The time before that I got Main deck, about 5 cabins or so forward of the front elevator, again not bad, but not the best, a 4B.

The cabins are all the same size, though some will have extra beds possibly, and hopefully you dont get a noisy location. I wouldnt pay extra though to choose my cabin. Carnival isnt known for free upgrades .. so dont expect anything other than what you paid for.

You have nothing to compare it to so how bad can it be>?

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24/7 - no natural light. use an alarm- which cabins do not have, or use the phones wake up service

Archived