soda card question...

carebear1008

when you board, you will have to walk past a table with a bunch of cups on it where they sell them.. I dont think you can not walk past the desk selling them when you first board the ship.

Some people wait until they are out to sea to avoid the sales tax from the port on top of the 15% tip... I myself would wait until the next morning so I get full days worth from my $6 a day. If you drink a lot, its probably not a issue.

They are sold on board the ship the day of sailing and must be purchase prior to noon of the next day.

But if you buy it the next morning you save $6 from the first day .. so to me thats a plus. 3 sodas a day would be more than I could drink to make it worth it .. especially the first day when its not a full day.

Soda Cards can be Purchased anytime during your Cruise...$6 per day plus 15% gratutity and Tax if your in US waters ...And you can purchase them at most bars....You can also get some juices with the card ...not Virgin coctails..

Other posters are correct - the soda card (it's actually just a sticker that they put on your S & S card - can be purchased at any bar as soon as you board the ship. It's a good deal for me, because I guzzle, but not for the rest of my family, as they sip.

The card also works if you want soda in the dining room, by the way. Sodas are not included with the meals and are ordered through the bar waiters.

You can order one through the Bon Voyage department too. I just did it today. It was $51.20 total for a 7 day cruise.

How were you able to do this? Online or did you have to call? I didn't think you could prepurchase them....but would be interested if you could. NCL lets you do it online prior to your cruise.

Which soft drinks are on board? We're going on the Conquest in a month and I'd like to know. I drink mainly Zero products like Coke Zero or Diet Coke with Grenadine (to make it a diet cherry coke). Any ideas if this is available and any issues using the soda card to get it?

Just checking:

Soda card INCLUDES 15%??? Or, do they just say that, and servers do not actually get 15% on each beverage ordered? :confused:(We like to tip well):rolleyes:

What juices are included????

THANKS!!!

Yes 15% tip is added to the cost .. I guess it depends on how many sodas a day you ordered, if the tip covered enough.. I bet $1 to the same bartender once in a while wouldnt hurt.

I know a lady at my table ordered drinks for 3 of her family on her soda card and they got it. Every night she ordered a diet coke, cranberry juice and a mr pibb. (so I know she could get a glass of cranberry juice nightly with it)

Which soft drinks are on board? We're going on the Conquest in a month and I'd like to know. I drink mainly Zero products like Coke Zero or Diet Coke with Grenadine (to make it a diet cherry coke). Any ideas if this is available and any issues using the soda card to get it?

They have coke products. Iv seen sprite zero and mach says he has seen coke zero at certain bars, but it may not be at every bar. I would think if you asked they would put grenadine in it. Never thought to ask.

They are sold on board the ship the day of sailing and must be purchase prior to noon of the next day.

So they don't sell the soda card through out the week? I will have to remember that so we make sure we get one for each of the kids the next morning instead of waiting until the first sea day.

My experience with the soda card. The service is awful!!! Once the staff realizes you have a soda card they never come back to refill you, you will have to go up to the bar yourself and wait for the wait staff to be helped before the bartender will assist you.

Archived