Two days in Alexandria - Advice needed

hwake88

We are scheduled for a late April cruise in the Med on board the NCL Jade.

We will have 2 days and a night in Alexandria.

The ideal itinerary for our 2 day stop would be:

Day 1

Leave the ship early and travel to the Egyptian Museum and spend as many hours there as possible.

Then proceed to Giza and spend the night there so I can capture photos at both "Golden Hours" plus the light and sound show at the Sphinx and Pyramids.

Day 2

Continue with general sightseeing (need recommendations) and return to Alexandria early enough to be sure we don't miss the ship.

Any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

If you want the name of an excellent guide that I used I can give it to you via PM or email.

Take care,

Mike

Cool.

I'd love to hear about it but I'm new to this board and I don't see how to PM or Email you. Is there a button to click?

Day 1

Leave the ship early and travel to the Egyptian Museum and spend as many hours there as possible.

Then proceed to Giza and spend the night there so I can capture photos at both "Golden Hours" plus the light and sound show at the Sphinx and Pyramids.

Day 2

Continue with general sightseeing (need recommendations) and return to Alexandria early enough to be sure we don't miss the ship.

Henry

Henry,

Your plans sound wonderful!!!! Please come back and give a review if you will! Wish I could help but cannot. Again please keep us posted on your plans as this would be great for my family.

Well, Alexandria , it is really one of those places you dont want to miss the ship, this was the only time we took an NCL tour, we know we paid at least double the cost but we felt it was necessary. We took the excursion to Cairo, just the one day excursion, there is also a two day excursion with a hotel stay. One day there was a very bad sand storm we left the port of alexandria late becauses bus's were not back yet from Cairo. Out of the 6 cruises we have taken this is the only time we took a ship excurison, all other trips we did things on our own.

Day 1

Day 2

Henry

Go to the library;):rolleyes:

Day 1

Day 2

Henry

Henry,

what is your cruise date? you can check the roll calls for your cruise and see if anyone has any booked during the time you will be there and see if you can join.

I only ask because I too am going in April and know that people in our group have two different ones for this stop.

Good luck

We will have 2 days and a night in Alexandria. . .

. . .Any advice on how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated.

Henry

Hi Henry and welcome to Cruise Critic! I'm also on a Jade cruise leaving in April (a different one than Chonda, though). We've got several private tours lined up through the Roll Call, and as a previous poster has said, there's always the Ship's Excursions. If you choose to go with a private provider, you'll have much more flexibility in being able to customize the itinerary so that you can focus on what you want to see and and not waste time on what you don't want to see.

I'd encourage you to come on over and find the Roll Call for your cruise. If you can't get your questions answered there, the Africa and Middle East forum is a great place to find answers.

Day 1

Day 2

Henry

Hwake, what day do you depart? I am on the Jade out of Barcelona 4/17. We have a pretty robust thread going which includes plans for Alexandria.

welcome to Cruise Critic..

you will find we have wonderful ports of call boards, including Egypt and also check the roll call for your cruise where you will find others cruising with you who are also making plans and perhaps are working on sharing tours..

Archived