Do P&O.....

Iain1873

Offer more onboard credit to potential new customers or to past customers ?

I'm cruising on the Ventura with P&O for the first time (West Med N117 in July) and am pretty pleased with the onboard credit i have for my cabin (£150PP - £300 total)

As i say i'm please with this , but have i gotten a decent deal or is it about the norm ??

Now to fly off at a tangent - free carparking , i have been given this also , do i have to contact P&O with car details etc ... or do i just turn up showing my boarding documents and park the car ??

Thanks in advance of any comments and responses

Iain :D

It seems that you have s good deal with the on board credit. Sometimes P&O offer double on board credit to Portunus members (i.e past passengers) but it depends on how many cabins remain unsold.

Re car parking, yes you need to book it and before 35 days before departure or you loose it so do it now.

Go on line to CPS, you need your P&O booking ref number and if you fill all the details in it should come up with a zero invoice.

http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/site/booking/book_01.asp

Brian

Thanks Brian , i'm not sure if i'm taking my car or sweet talking the old boy into letting me use his much larger and more comfortable car for the journey (travelling from Scotland so it's a bit of a drive) i think my OH and son would prefer the comfort of the Old Boys car to mine lol

Re the OBC i thought it was a pretty good deal and i also got it for the other couple who are coming with us :D

Iain,

Its no problem changing the car to the one booked. Happens all the time. I changed mine last time and they just changed the details on the form at the terminal. The important thing is to get it booked.

The other thing to be aware of is that it all happens very quickly when you arrive at the terminal. You get the porters taking your luggage out of the car while you are dealing with the car park person so make sure all your cabin labels are on your main luggage and make sure you know what you want to take as hand luggage. It is, however, very well organised and totally different than an airport experience.

After you have handed over the car and got a receipt, you just walk into the terminal with your hand luggage and your car is taken away and parked for you.

On return, you pick up your bags in the customs hall, go through customs and then across the road to the car park, hand in your receipt and they give you the keys and tell you where it is parked. There are loads of baggage trolleys available.

Brian

Thanks Brian , i'm not sure if i'm taking my car or sweet talking the old boy into letting me use his much larger and more comfortable car for the journey (travelling from Scotland so it's a bit of a drive) i think my OH and son would prefer the comfort of the Old Boys car to mine lol

Re the OBC i thought it was a pretty good deal and i also got it for the other couple who are coming with us :D

We are cruising for a week with P&O for the first time in April. We have an outside cabin and £130 OBC which we are delighted with. Mum and Dad get on as we get off and they got a whopping £400 OBC for their balcony cabin and it is also their first cruise with P&O. It seems that certain travel agents are able to offer great OBC deals with P&O so it certainly pays to shop around if you are newbies like us!

Iain,

Its no problem changing the car to the one booked. Happens all the time. I changed mine last time and they just changed the details on the form at the terminal. The important thing is to get it booked.

The other thing to be aware of is that it all happens very quickly when you arrive at the terminal. You get the porters taking your luggage out of the car while you are dealing with the car park person so make sure all your cabin labels are on your main luggage and make sure you know what you want to take as hand luggage. It is, however, very well organised and totally different than an airport experience.

After you have handed over the car and got a receipt, you just walk into the terminal with your hand luggage and your car is taken away and parked for you.

On return, you pick up your bags in the customs hall, go through customs and then across the road to the car park, hand in your receipt and they give you the keys and tell you where it is parked. There are loads of baggage trolleys available.

Brian

Brilliant Brian - much appreciated cheers !!

Archived