Researching cruise prices

mitchpam

I was researching cruise prices through Carnival... and another cruise website. We are looking into the Splendor, June 26th sailing and want a spa balcony. I have none coming available through the Carnival site, but several show available on "the other" site... I am a little uncertain about booking outside of the Carnival site, and without getting booted for breaking the rules... can anyone share their expertise? How come none on Carnival and several on the other?? Is it like on airplanes where they can only offer a certain # at a certain price??

I would call .. sometimes TA sites dont get updated regularly. If there is a spa cabin available then Carnival could see it... maybe it is how you are searching on Carnival .. so call and make sure? only takes a minute to call the toll free #.

It cant be a group rate, as they are not allowed to show them in public, so there has to be a easy explanation.. Id call Carnival.

been on hold for a bit now...

I have tried to search it uner balcony, and under suites... but Carnival does not show any spa balconies available... any of the other sites I have checked do... I am just nervous to trust a different site, esp if Carnival does not show anything as being available...

been on hold for a bit now...

I have tried to search it uner balcony, and under suites... but Carnival does not show any spa balconies available... any of the other sites I have checked do... I am just nervous to trust a different site, esp if Carnival does not show anything as being available...

Well, turn on the tv, play a computer game. lol .. they will answer eventually and you can tell us what they said.

and the answer is this: On Carnivals reservations you can choose from early saver OR past guest. I chose past guest... and there were no spa rooms available at the past guest price. She said that the price on early saver was available for those rooms. I went back in after getting off the phone to try it out with the early saver, and 2 rooms came up available. ALSO... she said that of the 9 spa rooms still available, only 2 of them are for double occupancy, the other 7 are quads... so if by the time we decide we are actually booking, and those two doubles have been filled...we may have to call her back to get one of those rooms because the web may not allow for a double to be booked into a quad without the help of a human...

Now I just have to hope NOT to get lots of *helpful* phone calls from PVP's wondering if they can assist me in booking my cruise... that is the biggest reason I didn't call before coming onto CC... but thanks for the push firefly333... I needed it. She was very helpful and gave some good info...

Archived