maddalena island vs costa smeralda, sardinia

cbb

So all-knowing O cruisers, if you were given the choice of visiting just one of these two on Sardinia, which would you choose? Maddalena appears to be a national park and Costa Smeralda looks to be quite chic. We'll be there in mid-April if that is important. c

Thanks for the link to your review; looks like you had a great cruise. If I read it correctly you were able to walk into Sorrento from tendering which we would like to do. I don't think we're going to be able to do much because it will be Easter Sunday and I bet the shops & cafes are not open, taxis are not running and churches closed because of masses. Still can't decide what to do in Sardinia.

We visited La Maddalena on our honeymoon in 1987 because my husband's daughter was there with her husband, who was serving in the Navy at the time. There is a fairly large naval base there. There was a lot of natural beauty, but it was a rugged place -- at least back then. I remember you could see Corsica from their kitchen window!!!

Archived