Photos of 3 Queens in NY

cruisercon

My husband, Dick, and I disembarked the QM 2 the morning of Jan. 13. Wonderful cruise, great service, some flaws, but nothing to diminish Cunard's reputation. As Manhattanites, we had the opportunity to photograph the 3 Queens departure from NY. Interestingly, as we stood in the frigid night air, on our left were recent arrivals from QE and on our right from the QV. Both were Brits who sailed over for the historic occasion.

They concurred with us that Cunard still does a lovely job.

Here's the link to our pictures:

http://www.gallery.me.com/dickseebach

Double-click on the gallery to open it, then double-click on each of the photos to enlarge them.

Hope you enjoy them!

My husband, Dick, and I disembarked the QM 2 the morning of Jan. 13. Wonderful cruise, great service, some flaws, but nothing to diminish Cunard's reputation. As Manhattanites, we had the opportunity to photograph the 3 Queens departure from NY. Interestingly, as we stood in the frigid night air, on our left were recent arrivals from QE and on our right from the QV. Both were Brits who sailed over for the historic occasion.

They concurred with us that Cunard still does a lovely job.

Here's the link to our pictures:

gallery.me.com/dickseebach

Copy & paste the link into your browser. Double-click on the gallery to open it, then double-click on each of the photos to enlarge them.

Hope you enjoy them!

Thanks for pics, very nice

I did also see the fireworks and the parade of the Cunard Queens.From the New Jersey side of the harbor.It was a very cold night so I just sat in the car watching the fireworks and the Cunard Queens using binoculars. Regards,Jerry

ou were one side of the statue,and we the other side, watching on the SOL cam

Hi Cruisercon

You got some great pictures. I was there in the cold too. But my old point & shoot camera coupled with my frozen fingers did not make for good results. Hope you enjoyed your cruise. Back in 2008 I was sailing away on QV to Los Angeles.:D

Denise

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for posting these. My wife and I arrived in New York on QV on 13 January and had every intention of going down to Battery Park to watch the departure. When the time came, however, the cold of the New York winter was just too much for our Australian summer blood. But now we have an idea of what it looked like!

We sailed in on the QV and transferred to the QM2 it was amazing but so so cold. We only did the first leg to Cape Town and are now back in the UK. We had a great time met lots of great people and hope to be on one of the Queens again soon.

Archived