Transportation from YUL to Marriott

I have secured reservations at the Marriott Springhill Suites in Old Montreal for our June cruise.

What is the best way from the airport to this hotel for 4 adults? We arrive late afternoon.

Thanks.

I'm interested as well. From my research thus far it looks like a taxi (approx $38) or 747 express bus (approx. $7) are the only options, unless you want to rent a car. Looking forward to reading the posts.

STM's 747 bus route is a good option, and the $7 fare includes an all-day pass that allows one to travel around the city on all buses and subway trains later that same day.

Other less-direct public transportation options exist, but there are multiple transfers required. See http://www.stm.info for details.

For four adults, the difference between the $28 fare on public transportation and the $38 fare by taxi, is not that great. I would make the decision based on comfort (you're likely to be more comfortable on a bus than squeezed tightly into an automobile), convenience (the taxi will go direct, the 747 requires walking about 5 blocks along boul. St-Laurent . . . or transfer to the 55), and whether or not you'll be going out that night on the bus or metro (in which case the 747 will have already paid for the night on the town).

1. Take a taxi. Fixed rate of CAD$38.00 one way, plus tip.
  2. Take a limo. Fixed rate of CAD$49.50 one way, plus tip.
  3. Take the city bus. $7 for a day pass. The bus 747, transfer to 515 bus, with your luggage or take a taxi from the central bus station. (Seriously, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)
  4. Take the city bus. $7 for a day pass. The bus 747, exit at St-Laurent, then drag your luggage through Chinatown, down the hill, over the bridge, then up St-Laurent blvd into old Montreal, up to Notre-Dame, over one street to the east and up the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal. (Seriously, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)
  5. Rent a car for $40 and then worry about taxes, insurance, gasoline and of course the $30 a night to park in Old Montreal (Serious, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)

In other words.... take the taxi.

Or if you want the extra room, take the limo.

Ephraim - thanks for the response. My sons are 24 and 22 and have never ridden in a limo. Neither has hubby. I would like to surprise them with a limo ride to the hotel. Do I secure that ahead of time or are limos waiting at the airport at my beck and call?

Ephraim - thanks for the response. My sons are 24 and 22 and have never ridden in a limo. Neither has hubby. I would like to surprise them with a limo ride to the hotel. Do I secure that ahead of time or are limos waiting at the airport at my beck and call?

They are waiting at the airport for you.

http://www.admtl.com/Passengers/AccessAndParking/TaxisAndLimousines.aspx

1. Take a taxi. Fixed rate of CAD$38.00 one way, plus tip.
  2. Take a limo. Fixed rate of CAD$49.50 one way, plus tip.
  3. Take the city bus. $7 for a day pass. The bus 747, transfer to 515 bus, with your luggage or take a taxi from the central bus station. (Seriously, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)
  4. Take the city bus. $7 for a day pass. The bus 747, exit at St-Laurent, then drag your luggage through Chinatown, down the hill, over the bridge, then up St-Laurent blvd into old Montreal, up to Notre-Dame, over one street to the east and up the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal. (Seriously, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)
  5. Rent a car for $40 and then worry about taxes, insurance, gasoline and of course the $30 a night to park in Old Montreal (Serious, why would you do this? It's just so much easier to take a taxi.)

In other words.... take the taxi.

Or if you want the extra room, take the limo.

Thanks for the info. We will look into the limo for our group. Eight of us will arrive in Montreal at the same time and will need transportation. We'll have to check on how many the limos can accommodate with luggage, if we have to we can possibly get 2 limos. Do you know how large the limos are?

These aren't "stretch".... these are luxury black taxis. You should be able to do 4 per limo, depending on your luggage.

Thanks for enlightning me on the limos. Where I live, when limos are hired they are usually stetch with a mini bar etc. So the limos are basically a little larger than a traditional taxi? Other than that, what would you say is the reason to go with limo vs. taxi. I'm sorry if this has already been answered -- do they have taxis at the airport that are mini vans?

Thanks for sharing all your knowledge.

I have taken the Montreal "limo" as well, to and from the airport, and it is indeed a Lincoln Town Car. You can, of course hire a local real stretch limousine (we have those, and they're not made by Citroen) at regular limo rates. Search "Montreal Limousine" and you should have a dozen or so candidates.

We even have Vegas-style stripper-buses (with the pole) should you be so inclined. Local strippers are, of course, extra (but plentiful).

Archived