Best way to get from Airport to Hotel Bondeheimen OSLO

kruzkid

Hi everyone, thanks to the recommendations by cruise critic users, we have decided to book with the best western Hotel Bondeheimen in OSLO for our vision ots cruise next summer. But I cant seem to figure what the best way for 3 people, 50, 50, and 17 is to get from the airport to our hotel. Bus? Train? I don't know where these options drop us off at and how much they cost, how far they are from the hotel. I find all sorts of different things. Thanks in advance for any advice you have!

"best" way? Depends how much money you are willing to spend, mobility issues, amount of luggage, etc.

that said, the airport bus drops you off 1/4 mile (or a little less) from the hotel.

The express train from the airport drops you off not much further away.

We had this exact same problem last summer. We took the Flytoget from the Oslo airport to the Bondeheimen. My husband and I each had a 25" inch suitcase on wheels plus a carryon. Make certain you purchase your ticket to the fast train into town before boarding as it is much much cheaper. Just ask or as my husband says--I would start to spatz out and someone came to our rescue. I may have appeared like the dumb Americam but we got where we needed to be. The train takes you to the National Theatre where you will get off. From there you need to walk past the park and take a left--can't remember the street--walk either a block or two (and they are not that long compared to NYC blocks). The hotel is on the corner but the entrance is down the street a little past their restaurant. We did this after dark--about 8pm. So, if you are active adults this should not pose a problem. If you get lost like we did or not sure, there are many restaurants and hotels along the way where you can ask and they do speak English.

I can't remember how much this was but it was way cheaper than a cab. But there are three of you. We were in town in no time. It just made sense to us to take the fast train into town and not have to mess around. You will love Oslo! By the way, I believe that the daily transit pass and the Oslo Pass do not include transportation to and from the airport.

If you hae any further questions, feel free to ask away.

Pearl

Archived