Wifi in aft for ipad starwalker app

pandi77

I have searched the forum and found lots of helpful information regarding hot spots for wifi on the Radiance class ships but was wondering if anyone had tried to get a signal near the aft or upper decks of the ship?

We are in GS 1600 on the Radiance and we love to stargaze. I'm addicted to the starwalker app on our ipad and have been fantasizing about being able to combine the horizon to horizon views w/o big city lights interfering with this app. We aren't sure if we'd be able to get wifi on the upper decks or even possibly in our cabin? Has anyone tried this yet or wifi in those places in general? wishful thinking perhaps..

Not sure if thieu haver it for the apple, but I use googlesky maps. I belive its all preloaded and just uses gps signal, compass and accelorimeters to figure out where you are

I am familiar with that option but starwalker is amazing! App of the year two years in a row because it's very impressive. When you hold the ipad to the sky it shows all information of where your pointing it real time. You may have seen it featured in the ipad commercials..

As you move the ipad across the sky any constellations and planets are labeled and anything elses revelant as well. In the day it shows the path of the sun and exactly where it wil rise and set with a dotted line. Even if you point it at the ground it shows what's in the sky on the other side of the world!

It is the coolest application program we've worked with but we're big geological brats so nerdy through and through...lol. If we could get a good enough wifi signal on a top deck we could map all of the southern constellations and moon trails, etc. Just hoping someone has been able to get wifi on either a top deck or an aft cabin...hoping!

Archived