Carnival Spirit being moved to Australia

LucyR.

This is old news but I just want to say that I had predicted a few weeks ago that there would be a financial Carnival Crash. The L.A. Times newspapers said that the market for the Mex-Riviera has "literally crashed." I didn't mean to say that Carnival would shut down. I meant that they would lose customers because they raised their rates...especially for us single cruisers.

Carnival blamed the sour economy and fears of drug-related violence in Mexico.

I personally think that RCL Mariner of the Seas left the west coast because they couldn't compete with Carnival cruise rates. As soon as RCL announced that the Mariner was leaving..... right away Carnival jacked up the rates for us singles who like to cruise in our own cabins.

The Mexican-Riviera is no Riviera in the ports and cruisers have noticed that. We west coast cruisers only cruise to have fun on the ships.lol.

With the DISNEY WONDER ship coming into the west coast port....Carnival and NCL decided they better get out of town because they will not be able to compete with Disney. I think this is the real reason they are moving out of the west coast. We also will hopefully have C. Splendor.

Disney will attract familes and senior like me who are still young at heart.

We still have Princess and Holland America in the west coast for the adults who don't like a lot of kids on ships.

Archived