Empress Of The Seas On Sale....

Vanilousky

According to rumors that listen in my last viane of 11 nights (February 14, 2005), the Empress of the Seas is for sale. According to my friends crew, this ship will be sold to an European company. If somebody has more information, please, let me know.:( :( :(

Retired not Expired - We're on the same cruise. How many in your group? We had a terrible time getting a Cat. F in the middle of the ship. We tried to book it while on her this past Jan. 31st and the only rooms available, in that category, were at the head or rear of the ship. The day after we got home one room opened and we grabbed it. How early did you book your cruise? Oh, and by the way, even tho my husband is working, I too am retired but not expired. Cathy

CathyG, We've got a good friend who, with his brothers, started the first show in Branson, MO, where we live. He sets up one winter cruise every year and most times we go with him as well as doing some on our on. This one is with him and he normally has between 35-50 on most of them. The TA he works with has a block of cabins so right now, I don't know what Cat it will be. As my wife and I like to do a pre-cruise, she will be calling me later to set up the room and pre-cruise. I know the cabin will be an outside but cabins don't matter much to me as I don't spend much time there. When I can get away from a MO winter, I don't want to be indoors or even alone on a balcony.

And please don't worry about the group. Anyone who goes with this fellow is a joy to be around and I've never heard a complaint out of any of them. About the only way you know it's a group is when we have a group photo made on one night of the cruise.

My wife is still working as a support team manager for Wally-World but is finally going to hang it up the end of September so we can travel more. We're going to China this fall, this cruise in winter, and Germany next summer. I also want to do the Baltic Cruise that goes to St Petersburg.

Please keep in touch and looking forward to meeting you all on the cruise. I'll be the one with a big grin on my face.

We are sailing March 13 2006 and I'm glad we will at least get to experience her.

This is no surprise. RCL has been going the mega ship route. With the Celebrity Horizion moving to Island Cruises I wondered who would be next, Zenith or Empress or both. I hope that they will consider keeping the 11 night itinerary but with a Vision class ship. I wonder when they will introduce their new class that has been rumored for a while. I can't imagine that they will only build Freedom size ships in the future.

Retired not Expired: I hope I didn't sound like I was blaming you for not being able to get a room. We were just amazed that nothing was available one year (almost to the date) of the cruise. We know exactly what you mean by getting away during the winter months as we live just south of Chicago, ya know the windy city? Your future travel plans sound wonderful and I envy you. We only cruise once a year and visit the grandkids in Phoenix, usually in July. Only crazy people go there in July but the kids go to school year round and only get a couple of weeks here and there. And of course, when it's not terribly hot in Az. my husband can't get off work. What's a grandma to do. This was a great cruise and you're really going to enjoy it.

Cathy

Retired not Expired: I hope I didn't sound like I was blaming you for not being able to get a room. We were just amazed that nothing was available one year (almost to the date) of the cruise. We know exactly what you mean by getting away during the winter months as we live just south of Chicago, ya know the windy city? Your future travel plans sound wonderful and I envy you. We only cruise once a year and visit the grandkids in Phoenix, usually in July. Only crazy people go there in July but the kids go to school year round and only get a couple of weeks here and there. And of course, when it's not terribly hot in Az. my husband can't get off work. What's a grandma to do. This was a great cruise and you're really going to enjoy it.

Cathy

Not to worry, CathyG. The thought that you were blaming me never even crossed my mine. Like I said, just to get away from midwest winters is great. I don't care about the room. Inside, outside, as long as they don't put me over the side. Looking forward to it. The itinerary is what drew me to this one. Luckily, the man who sets them up, asks what we would like.

• 2 weeks later...
We are sailing March 13 2006 and I'm glad we will at least get to experience her.

This is no surprise. RCL has been going the mega ship route. With the Celebrity Horizion moving to Island Cruises I wondered who would be next, Zenith or Empress or both. I hope that they will consider keeping the 11 night itinerary but with a Vision class ship. I wonder when they will introduce their new class that has been rumored for a while. I can't imagine that they will only build Freedom size ships in the future.

Hello Apex:

I'm sure that is the Empress of the Seas.... I know Zenith go out too but, that rare, Island Cruises is other unknown company of Royal Caribbean???

The Empress of the Seas, "Maybe" go out of this company in the "END" of the 2006.... not early.... and that is a rumors... LOOK ON THE WWW.RCCL.COM PAGE, THE LAST DAY THAT THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS HAS SCHEDULE IS IN APRIL 10, 2006, NO MORE.... LOOK FOR THAT..

Archived