Best Fish Bait

Sea Girls

We took a couple of boxes of cereal (corn flakes) from the breakfast buffet in the morning. Worked like a charm

As a scuba diver for over 15 years... let me give you a few tips.

Unless you want to be surrounded by aggressive yellow jacks... do not bring anything that the fish can readily smell with you into the water.

The best way to feed fish selectively is to use a can of cheese whiz... you can squirt out a little at a time and when the little dab is gone, so are the fish... they will not cloud around you nibbling on your hands as you try to feed them.

This way, you can feed that gorgeous queen angel fish, but not those pesky annoying yellow jacks if you so desire.

Also be aware that often you are snorkeling inside of marine parks where feeding the fish may be considered taboo...

Please be aware that cheese can KILL some fish!:eek:

When I snorkeled at Chankanaab Park on Cozumel, there was a sign that said NOT to feed the fish, period. Chankanaab IS an eco-park; however, I did see folks feeding the fish. Not only is it bad for the fish, it can harm the coral when fish get into a frenzy like they do.

IF you insist on feeding the fish, please bring some tropical fish food from home. Small containers don't take up much room, and would be easy to disperse.

Please - NO CHEESE products. I'd hate to know that I contributed to those poor little fish's systems getting clogged up with cheese - and dying, just so I could see lots of fish. Sad.:o

The best way to feed fish selectively is to use a can of cheese whiz... you can squirt out a little at a time and when the little dab is gone, so are the fish... they will not cloud around you nibbling on your hands as you try to feed them.

And another note: The nozzle can can be used to scare away any barracuda that happen to like cheese! :eek: (personal experience)

Archived