Should we book Sensation or Elation?

Larry'sLady

My SIL and I are going on a short cruise the week of March 12. We can book a 4 day to the Bahamas on the Sensation or the 5 day Mexico on the Elation. Could you seasoned cruises offer us some insight? Which would you take? We are not interested in snorkeling or swimming. Just shopping, eating and relaxing. Thank for your input.:D

The ships are comparable, go with Elation for the better ports. You get constantly hassled by street vendors in Nassau and there's not a whole lot to do in Freeport unless you spend the day at a resort. I would think that you'd be much happier in Cozumel & Progresso if you're interested in shopping & eating.

both "sister ships" so no real difference in the two. Personally I dislike the Bahamas and think that shopping is better in Mexico. And of course if money is not an issue.... 5 days on a ship is better than 4 !

To me there is a difference. Elation came from the west coast and did not get the upgrades. No waterworks, and no balconys, which the other ship has.

That being said Id take the 5 day if the prices were the same.

Shopping in the bahamas is nothing to write home about I agree.

I'll take the Elation! Yes, it doesn't have the Evolution of Fun upgrades yet, but I consider it to be a much nicer and pleasing ship than the Sensation. (The Sensation is neon purple).

The Bahamas, specially Freeport, are pretty lame ports of call. Cozumel is pretty commercialized, but I think that shopping along San Miguel is much more enjoyable than any place in the Bahamas. If the Elation is going to Progreso, check out the Mayan Ruins of Chichen Itza, one of the new Wonders of the World!

Finally, I'll take 5 nights ANYTIME before 4 nights!

To me there is a difference. Elation came from the west coast and did not get the upgrades. No waterworks, and no balconys, which the other ship has.

That being said Id take the 5 day if the prices were the same.

Shopping in the bahamas is nothing to write home about I agree.

Balconies on the Sensation are nothing to write home about...just another cheap add-on done in the typical CCL fashion. Waterworks....OK, but again would not sway me either way. Layout is virtually the same as Elation....Decor... well not much can be said about Farcus and his unusual colors and themes !

I'm with everyone else. Go for five days to Mexico. We didn't care for the Bahamas either.

The Elation is a sister ship to the Sensation so the layout is the same, the decor is different, and it sounds like the Elation hasn't been upgraded yet. It's still a nice ship!

Archived