pool chairs

klampetts

The Legend is actually laid out very nicely in respect to chairs. As long as you don't have to have a chair that is in the first row next to the pool, I don't think you should have a problem finding somewhere to lay down. There are always some on the next deck up too.

You are right, some people put items on chairs early in the morning and don't show up till afternoon. I have walked around numerous times just to find a chair I can use to get close enough to SEE the pool. The upper decks are generally open to most people to sit, but not the pool areas. This happened on every cruise i have been on.

And, yes, people 'fight' argue about it. Apparently it is okay to remove someone's things if you don't or haven't seen anyone around for hours, but I never tried that because I don't like confrontations because it upsets ME and doesn't seem to bother the person doing the 'crime'...haha.

I wish cruise attendants would be more watchful, but they aren't. Even in the adult solariums on RCCL, I never got a chair close to the pool in the sun.

In the afternoons it's kind of nice to be up on the upper decks on deck chairs, overlooking the ocean, so don't worry about it you will find something. Besides, from up there you can see what's going on all around you and listen to the music and 'people watch'.

Just lounge on the upper deck, you will get a breeze and can walk back to the water works area and get a quick soaking to cool off.

Otherwise find a chair some Chair "HOG" has parked their 35.00 towel on and Bingo you have a free Beach Towel to use at your local pool!!!!!

Hit them where it hurts... the sign and sail account!!!!

John

Cruising on the Legend mid-April; are we going to have to fight for pool chairs; I have read about people actually getting into arguments over saved chairs at the pool. - yikes.

Use the Unicorn pool (aft) (adults only) and you will have no problem, plus the bar is closer, and it is much quieter.

Cruising on the Legend mid-April; are we going to have to fight for pool chairs; I have read about people actually getting into arguments over saved chairs at the pool. - yikes.

We got up pretty early each day and I never saw an empty chair by the pool. Even the adult pool. We sat there one morning by the bar area next to it and watched a girl save about 8 chairs, dropping one shoe on each, a book, a shirt, and we sat for about an hour and I never saw anyone else go sit with her.

Its pretty funny actually that all the people that just had to sit next to the pool never even used it. They apparently just wanted to feel like they got the good seats. I saw very few people actually use the pools.

But had we wanted to sit in those areas I would not have hesitated to move their belongings if I saw they were gone for a while.

I have seen chair hogs too many times out in full force and the time limit is never enforced. So my question is.....Do you just remove the persons belongings yourself, or get a Carnival employee to do it. If so, whom do you ask?

There are many It's the space around the cement pond that is in short supply.

Go up one deck, and there's no issue. If you want to be near the water, then be prepared to start you chair occupancy by about 9ish.

I hate chair hogs and have moved peoples things many times. When they come back I just tell them the woman before me said she wouldn't need the chair any longer and told me to use it. I never had to argue about it. The only time I want to sit near the pool is if my kids are in the pool. And my kids do not need chairs. I just need one for me to sit and watch them. Luckily for me I am not a lounger and I am usually in the pool too.

There should be a rule that chairs may not be held by items alone. If there are 4 people and one decides to use the restroom or get a drink or something then the other three can stay and let people know the one chair is taken. There is not a reason to see 20 chairs lines up with items 'holding' them.

How do I know the chair with the flip flop is being held or if someone kicked it off their foot and it accidently landed there? Hehe!

Just thought of an idea:) If there is a set time limit on the chairs one can bring a kitchen timer, or a few, and when they see an empty chair set the timer on it. When it dings the chair is yours:) Kind of like parking meters:) Hahaha

What gets me is the people who try to take a chair when you get up to go to the bathroom, but yet don't want to move a flip flop that has been in a chair with no one sitting it it. Last Dec my sis and I were on the Glory and I got up to go to the restroom, but left my towel sitting in the chair. I guess the idiot that came to my chair didn't realize the person I was sitting next to was with me. A man came over and tried to take my chair, saying I left it. He argued with my sister over it. There were lots of chairs with only flip flops and magazine, but yet he wanted to argue when I had only gone to the bathroom...geeze.

And I head out to the pool around 8AM. I get my chair in the prime location and then watch the chair hogs! My daughter will come out about noon (teenagers) at which time I run and get some refreshments from my cabin (bon voyage) and come back to watch the fun! My daughter and I share a chair (or will sit next to each other if available) and take turns running to get food and beverages.

And I head out to the pool around 8AM. I get my chair in the prime location and then watch the chair hogs! My daughter will come out about noon (teenagers) at which time I run and get some refreshments from my cabin (bon voyage) and come back to watch the fun! My daughter and I share a chair (or will sit next to each other if available) and take turns running to get food and beverages.

Good strategy! It seems like the best time to get a chair by the pool is around 8 AM. I've had no problem getting a chair that early but by 9:30 or 10, haven't been able to find one close (I have kids, so it's to watch them). By afternoon, on a sea day, couldn't find one on the Lido deck. Had to go up to the next deck to find some chairs in the sun. When the kids wanted to do the pool, I just go and stand nearby. They end up not spending much time in the pool b/c of it....luckily we live in Florida and can go to the pool just about any time.

Truthfully, I have had a better time up on the top deck with a view of the ocean anyway. You might not find any shade up there unless you are in a unique spot. Depending on the time of the year (around now) I doubt many will be IN the pool anyway...LOL I would settle for a good chair with a view.

I am going on Triumph Feb. 21 and not expecting warm weather until we get closer to Mexico, so I plan to do other things around ship meanwhile. I would love a good hot tub that just adults could use. It was like that on Liberty of the Seas, but don't think so on Carnival...anyone know? The last two carnival cruises had hottubs but kids were in them a lot.

It is my understanding that children are not allowed in the hot tub. Not a lot of people abide by that rule, but you can ask an employee to make them get out. There are actually signs that say no children in the hot tub. Usually the pools and hot tubs at the back of the ship are more enforced.

Truthfully, I have had a better time up on the top deck with a view of the ocean anyway. You might not find any shade up there unless you are in a unique spot. Depending on the time of the year (around now) I doubt many will be IN the pool anyway...LOL I would settle for a good chair with a view.

I am going on Triumph Feb. 21 and not expecting warm weather until we get closer to Mexico, so I plan to do other things around ship meanwhile. I would love a good hot tub that just adults could use. It was like that on Liberty of the Seas, but don't think so on Carnival...anyone know? The last two carnival cruises had hottubs but kids were in them a lot.

The Dream has hot tubs in the Adult Only Serenity area.

Archived