Zenith-Cabin 4004?

Ships R Great

We booked an Inside Gty and got an "upgrade" to this outside cabin. I am glad to be in an outside since I did not expect it. But can anyone tell me whether I am going to wish I was back inside? We booked to save money so I can not complain, no matter what.

4004 has a double bed and one upper berth.

it's a lower deck, and towards the very front of the ship. Depending on when and where you're sailing.....if there are rough seas it could be a bit noisy. We stayed in 6001. First cabin at the front of the Caribbean deck. We hit some very rough seas (skirted a hurricane last summer) and it was really noisy with the waves slamming against the hull.........however it was all part of the fun for me. Once I go to sleep, nothing wakes me & DH is the same, so we slept just fine.

It will also probably be a porthole window. Personally, I think I'd rather have the original inside cabin.

We were forward on one other cruise and, you are right, it was noisy. Sounded like we were in a war zone. I had forgotten about that. And it does have a porthole instead of a window. The bonus is that we will know when it is morning. We slept through breakfat once in an inside. Oh well, it was cheap! :)

True, Vic. This cruise was a spur-of-the-moment thing. We need to be in Jax on March 27th and need some down time to recouperate from minor elbow surgery so--- what better way to get some rest. The down side is we will be drivng (make that "I" will be doing the driving) to Jax. the reward for that will be the cruise. :)

nmtraveler, we have only traveled to Alaska once, on NCL and that was before NewMexico Days. I love to see people on this board from our great state cause so many have the totally wrong impression of NewMexico. You wouldn't beleive what my step mom thought when we decided to move here. She thought the weather was just like AZ, 120 degrees all summer, thought the native Americans wore loin clothes (I am serious) everyone lived in trailers, not even mobile homes, if you weren't native Americans you were problaby here illegally from the other Mexico, the Rio Grande was completely dry (sometimes it is of course) She didn't know some of the best skiing is here in our state nor how beautiful it could be. She isn't the only one that holds these views. We live south of Albuquerque. We looked in Las Curces, but wanted a little more change of season.

Later,Nita

nmtraveler, we have only traveled to Alaska once, on NCL and that was before NewMexico Days. I love to see people on this board from our great state cause so many have the totally wrong impression of NewMexico. You wouldn't beleive what my step mom thought when we decided to move here. She thought the weather was just like AZ, 120 degrees all summer, thought the native Americans wore loin clothes (I am serious) everyone lived in trailers, not even mobile homes, if you weren't native Americans you were problaby here illegally from the other Mexico, the Rio Grande was completely dry (sometimes it is of course) She didn't know some of the best skiing is here in our state nor how beautiful it could be. She isn't the only one that holds these views. We live south of Albuquerque. We looked in Las Curces, but wanted a little more change of season.

Later,Nita

We were supposed to take the Zenith last year in March, was that it?? I know I recognize your name from one of the CC pages. Well, the Rio Grande is dry here because of the drought and the fact that no water gets past the Elephant Butte dam. We are supposed to get water this month.

Archived