Up the Hill for Victor Bodden???

singwithjoy

There aren't any stairs but it is a brisk 10 minute walk with a few minutes of it being a fairly steep incline. You get off the ship, walk through the mahogany bay shopping area, out to the road then up over the little hill. I think bodden has a pic of it on his website.

Its not overly strenuous if you're in even ok physical shape. I'm not in good shape and was able to handle it pushing a stroller but when we were there in sept the humidity was a killer. I was pretty sweaty by the time we reached the vendors. Nothing a few mins in the a/c van couldn't take care of :-)

I do think it would be tough for anyone with mobility issues. When we were there I was told that if one person walked over to meet the guide, they were then allowed to drive in and pick up other passengers. However, I've recently read that may no longer be allowed.

ladeesquire, you are correct, Carnival, who leases or own Mahogany Bay no longer allows private tours to come and pick up passengers. We were in Roatan last week and had to walk over the hill to meet Victor's tour. Someone in our tour used a walker and they caught a cab from the port to where the private tours meet. However, they can drop you off once the tour is complete.

Those who wish to can take a taxi ride up the hill and then be dropped off at the security gates. The taxi's charge $2 pp for the trip. It's a good solution for those who have mobility issues.

THanks watchdiva...But remember folks, you still have to walk UP the incline from the pier to the cab gate. Not quite as steep as "the hill" but it's not flat by anymeans.

I keep reading for private tours like Victor Bodden you have climb up a hill. What exactly do you mean by that? I have trouble climbing stairs. Would that be a problem?

If you're docked in Coxen Hole there is no hill to worry about. It depends on which ship you're on as to where you'll dock.

Archived